As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Thursday July 27
At Hall H, Peacock officially announces that Defenders of the Earth will be released in theatres worldwide in 2012, preceded by solo films for Flash Gordon, Popeye, Mandrake the Magician and The Phantom. Peacock executive Kevin Feige was asked by an attendee about the rumors of Michael Eisner's preference for Popeye to be played by Gus St. Pierre, to which Feige declined to comment.

Other Peacock announcements at Hall H included release dates for Pacific Rim and Wicked for Thanksgiving 2006, a second Eddie Van Helsing installment for 2008, a third Shrek in 2007, a second Madagascar for 2008, a fourth Fast and Furious, a new Star Trek film for 2009 and a fourth Mission: Impossible for a date to be determined later.

Later that day in Hall H, Paramount Pictures announced the development of a Shinobi movie for a 2009 release.

At Ballroom 20, Panasonic officially unveiled the design for the Pantheon game console, whose working title had been the Rubicon 2.

Limited Run made its official debut in the exhibit hall.

At the Disney booth, a massive signing was held for Sir Daniel Abbott, his first since being knighted back in April.​
Popeye should be the first movie released, due to the character being one of, if not King Features's most famous star. Gus St. Pierre playing him, on the other hand, would be a taste more acquired than Robin Williams playing him back in 1980.

Also, I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for the Limited Run debut.
Friday July 28
At Hall H, Columbia-TriStar confirmed its 2008 release dates for the third Legend of Zelda movie, along with Strange Magic and Batman: Year Two.

In Ballroom 20, SBC confirmed that they were officially bringing back David Shire's "Manhattan Skyline" as the theme for Wednesday Night Hockey after a 21-year absence.

Later that day in Hall H, New Line Television announced they were developing Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles for a Spring 2008 debut on SBC.

Touchstone Pictures offered attendees an exclusive first look at the Hey Arnold! Jungle Movie, slated for Christmas Day 2006.​
Oh, yes! Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie is a real thing much sooner!
Saturday July 29
At Hall H: Disney announces its releases for the next four years, including a CGI TMNT movie, The Simpsons Movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Usagi Yojimbo, Meet the Robinsons, National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets, DuckTales: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, a live action remake of Huck's Landing and a National Treasure/Carmen Sandiego crossover slated for a summer 2008 or 2009 release. Disney also mentioned that Book of Secrets and the Treasure/Carmen crossover will be filmed back-to-back on a schedule similar to how New Line made the second and third Matrix films.

At Ballroom 20, Fox gave attendees a sneak preview of Season 18 of The Simpsons. A trailer for Treehouse of Horror XVII features Harvey Weinstein's Presidency and The Jacksonville Jaguars among this year's Amusing Tombstones.

Later that day in Ballroom 20, Fox offered a sneak peek at Season 4 of Family Guy. Attendees got to see Brian trying to get Stewie's attention while he plays Kingdom Hearts II. Next, we see a cutaway gag of Lum Invader (Lauren Tom) asking Sora (Haley Joel Osment) to help find her beloved Ataru. Of course, Lum's dialogue and lip movements don't match. But that didn't stop Sora from saying this...

Sora: "I think my shorts shrank about two or three sizes."

...and right on cue, Kairi (Hayden Panettiere) taps Sora on the shoulder and slaps the shit out of him.​
Honestly, making Kingdom of the Crystal Skull a DuckTales movie instead of an Indiana Jones entry is a great idea for animation fans.

And if you ask me? That particular cutaway gag is my highlight of Comic Con in 2006 ITTL. That is all.
Sunday July 30
At Ballroom 20, Mark Evanier of Luxor Animation confirmed a new Garfield series was in development, along with an HBO series based on Sergio Aragones' comic Groo the Wanderer.

Paramount officially announces its long-term partnership with Mattel, during which live action films of He-Man, She-Ra and Barbie are currently in development.

Lionsgate confirmed a release date for Saw 3 and announced a new Voltron series currently in development, rumored to be for NBC or SBC.​
You know what? The new Garfield and Voltron shows are the highlights of this day, but compared to the previous three days, they're not as big as the other highlights.

I like idea of mirmaix 2.0 have a brief berif of success but then going backrupt due a serveal of bombs and fialed themepark project called the dream kingdom or empire of dreams ( The project was nicked pipedrea kingdom or empire of pipe dreams) I Feel that mimrarx 2/0 upswing start with in 2007 with 1408 and either end in 2013 with the bulter or in 2014 with the invation game

Last edited:
I like idea of mirmaix 2.0 have a brief berif of success but then going backrupt due a serveal of bombs and fialed themepark project called the dream kingdom or empire of dreams ( The project was nicked pipedrea kingdom or empire of pipe dreams) I Feel that mimrarx 2/0 upswing start with in 2007 with 1408 and either end in 2013 with the bulter or in 2014 with the invation game
Miramax 2.0 at the moment doesn't really anything kid-friendly that can be turned into park attractions.

While we're at it, Harvey and Bob Weinstein are both much righter wing than IOTL, thanks to having been radicalized by Rupert Mudroch in the late Eighties, plus they've each snorted all the cocaine Murdoch could smuggle from Down Under.

We'll great! But New Line Cinema/Luxor Pictures' The Prestige is still far away, being from Christopher Nolan, the director of the hit Shezow, due out October 2006. The new Disney live-action show Just Jordan would be on Fox's Saturday morning schedule (OTL it was on Nickelodeon) and the new AEG show The Naked Brothers Band will air on both AEG TV and UPN. New Line's Clerks III and Universal/DreamWorks' (OTL Columbia made the film) Monster House will arrive in theaters as well as Cartoon Network Films/UA's Barnyard, Paramount's Material Girls and Luxor Pictures' Zoom will arrive next month.

But nice work! But we will get to Luxor Pictures/New Line Cinema's Lady in the Water and New Line's Clerks II. Both films were delayed to avert competition TTL from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. And too at the end of the month's films were Gramercy's Scoop, Universal's Miami Vice, Paramount's The Ant Bully and Fox's John Tucker Must Die.
Besides a few changes in distributors, nothing differs from OTL in most of those titles, but thank you for reminding me.

Miramax 2.0 at the moment doesn't really anything kid-friendly that can be turned into park attractions.

While we're at it, Harvey and Bob Weinstein are both much righter wing than IOTL, thanks to having been radicalized by Rupert Mudroch in the late Eighties, plus they've each snorted all the cocaine Murdoch could smuggle from Down Under.
Is it possible for mirmar to gain some family friendly properies show they build the a failed theme park. Can you think of any one else you would want ruined by a failed thempark. Perhaphas kim jong didn't get caught try to tokyo disney and take his borther kim jong nam place as leader of norht korea and attempts to build his theme park and fails spectacularly.

Last edited:
Is it possible for mirmar to gain some family friendly properies show they build the a failed theme park. Can you think of any one else you would want ruined by a failed thempark. Perhaphas kim jong didn't get caught try to tokyo disney and take his borther kim jong nam place as leader of norht korea and attempts to build his theme park and fails spectacularly.
It is more likely that Miramax 2.0 brings Ray Spum back into the fold. With Harvey Weinstein now having resigned from the White House, he'll likely return to Miramax 2.0 with Phil Anschutz and the Koch Brothers ready to welcome him back with open arms. Miramax 2.0 also has Dan Schneider on their side.

It is more likely that Miramax 2.0 brings Ray Spum back into the fold. With Harvey Weinstein now having resigned from the White House, he'll likely return to Miramax 2.0 with Phil Anschutz and the Koch Brothers ready to welcome him back with open arms. Miramax 2.0 also has Dan Schneider on their side.
The Metoo’d Molesters really do stick together in this timeline what with Weinstein and John K earlier.

Here we go again...

Brace yourselves for such a controversial impact.

Here we go again...

Brace yourselves for such a controversial impact.
I still hope that mirmax 2.0 will find a some succes only for it to come crashing down with a series movie bombs and scandle involing ray smup and havery winesitne all top of aushishutz and the koch brothers beign bankrupt by failed dream kingdom empire of dream themepark project

Popeye should be the first movie released, due to the character being one of, if not King Features's most famous star. Gus St. Pierre playing him, on the other hand, would be a taste more acquired than Robin Williams playing him back in 1980.

Also, I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for the Limited Run debut.

Oh, yes! Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie is a real thing much sooner!

Honestly, making Kingdom of the Crystal Skull a DuckTales movie instead of an Indiana Jones entry is a great idea for animation fans.

You know what? The new Garfield and Voltron shows are the highlights of this day, but compared to the previous three days, they're not as big as the other highlights.
If Gus doesn't get the Popeye role, there's still Terminator 4 and X-Men Origins: Gambit.

I'm not sure if I want a whole new villain or just have Magica de Spell work in tandem with the Beagle Boys as the Crystal Skull villains.

Here's some rough casting ideas I have for Defenders of the Earth so far....

Popeye:
Gus St. Pierre
Tom Hardy
John Cena
Chris Hemsworth
Paul Rudd
Ryan Reynolds

Flash Gordon:
Chris Pine
Chris Evans
Chris Hemsworth
Matt Damon
Channing Tatum
Devon Sawa
Paul Rudd

Mandrake the Magician:
Benedict Cumberbatch
Robert Downey, Jr.
Ewan MacGregor
David Tennant
Hugo Weaving
Nicolas Cage
Daniel Craig
Clive Owen
Mark Strong
Jude Law

The Phantom:
Ben Affleck
Robert Downey, Jr.
Tom Hiddleston
Edward Norton
Jason Statham
Nicolas Cage
Jude Law

Lothar:
Terry Crews
Michael Clarke Duncan
Ving Rhames
Delroy Lindo
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
Sam Jackson
Laurence Fishburne
Jamie Foxx
Will Smith

Ming the Merciless
Ken Watanabe
Gedde Watanabe
BD Wong
Al Leong
Dennis Dun
Miguel Ferrer
Christopher Lambert
Jerry Tondo
Jet Li
Jason Scott Lee
Donnie Yen
Jackie Chan
Chow Yun Fat

Here is Limited Run's first wave of titles licensed from Luxor Pictures:

Weekend at Bernie's
Arachnophobia
Encino Man
Tombstone
Dangerous Minds
The Rock
GI Jane
Garfield
(2004 Movie)
Sin City (Acquired from Dimension Films as part of Bally's Dark Horse purchase)
Shezow (2005 Christopher Nolan film)

Coming soon from Luxor and Limited Run:
Judge Dredd
South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

If Gus doesn't get the Popeye role, there's still Terminator 4 and X-Men Origins: Gambit.
Good point.
I'm not sure if I want a whole new villain or just have Magica de Spell work in tandem with the Beagle Boys as the Crystal Skull villains.
Since it's been a while since new DuckTales material was made, perhaps a Magica and Beagle Boys teamup would work best for this movie.
Here's some rough casting ideas I have for Defenders of the Earth so far....
A welcome surprise.
Popeye:
Gus St. Pierre
Tom Hardy
John Cena
Chris Hemsworth
Paul Rudd
Ryan Reynolds
I'd choose John Cena or Tom Hardy, as those guys have made their career out of pro wrestling, which Popeye's moves would be well at home with.

Plus, for this movie, perhaps we could do away with Popeye's iconic voice for this interpretation, so he doesn't stick out too much among the other Defenders.
Flash Gordon:
Chris Pine
Chris Evans
Chris Hemsworth
Matt Damon
Channing Tatum
Devon Sawa
Paul Rudd
For a role like this, I'd go for Chris Hemsworth or Channing Tatum, because if all goes well for this movie, there'll be a need for Flash Gordon's pecs to be consistently on screen at some point.
Mandrake the Magician:
Benedict Cumberbatch
Robert Downey, Jr.
Ewan MacGregor
David Tennant
Hugo Weaving
Nicolas Cage
Daniel Craig
Clive Owen
Mark Strong
Jude Law
Benedict Cumberbatch, Robert Downer, Jr., David Tennant, and Nicolas Cage are who I'd choose to play Mandrake.
The Phantom:
Ben Affleck
Robert Downey, Jr.
Tom Hiddleston
Edward Norton
Jason Statham
Nicolas Cage
Jude Law
Tom Hiddleston or Ben Affleck as The Phantom would sound pretty good.
Lothar:
Terry Crews
Michael Clarke Duncan
Ving Rhames
Delroy Lindo
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
Sam Jackson
Laurence Fishburne
Jamie Foxx
Will Smith
I'd pick wither Terry Crews or Michael Clarke Duncan to play Lothar.
Ming the Merciless
Ken Watanabe
Gedde Watanabe
BD Wong
Al Leong
Dennis Dun
Miguel Ferrer
Christopher Lambert
Jerry Tondo
Jet Li
Jason Scott Lee
Donnie Yen
Jackie Chan
Chow Yun Fat
Potential racism aside, I actually think that Jackie Chan could make Ming a more agile foe for the heroes, which could be perfectly aligned for who the heroes even are.
Here is Limited Run's first wave of titles licensed from Luxor Pictures:

Weekend at Bernie's
Arachnophobia
Encino Man
Tombstone
Dangerous Minds
The Rock
GI Jane
Garfield
(2004 Movie)
Sin City (Acquired from Dimension Films as part of Bally's Dark Horse purchase)
Shezow (2005 Christopher Nolan film)

Coming soon from Luxor and Limited Run:
Judge Dredd
South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut
This is a good lineup, all things considered, at Luxor Pictures.

What will Ray spum be producing at now that mirmax 2.0 brought him back.
Mr. Spum is gonna try to launch a series called the Heartaches, based on characters he animated for a commercial campaign for the Old Navy clothing brand back in 1998.
OTL blog entries by He Who Shall Not be Named:
http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2006/02/calling-all-girls-heartaches.html
http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2012/07/heartaches-models.html

But because I had kept John K in the spotlight too long in the original American Magic to the annoyance of other users, I'm gonna try to keep the mention of TTL's Ray Spum to a minimum going forward. Thank you for your understanding.

Questions submitted by @Mitch!

In what ways should RKO bring The Shadow back into national relevance, in the near future?

Answer:
It is likely that The Shadow and Dick Tracy, the latter Peacock acquired from Disney a year ago, will be integrated into the canon of the upcoming Defenders of the Earth franchise as early as the second phase. The first phase focuses on Popeye, Flash Gordon, the Phantom and Lothar and maybe Jedda Walker. It is likely Alec Baldwin could come back for a second chance with The Shadow, but I'm leaning towards having Dick Tracy be played by Josh Brolin.

Besides ABC, which television networks tried to debut Saturday morning “preview shows?”

Answer:
Fox did the same with the Simpsons hosting the 1989 preview show with new dialogue dubbed over existing footage from the Tracey Ullman shorts. Then in 1990, Fox used the rubber-suit Turtles from the live action TMNT movie to do the honors. That was followed in '91 by Vanilla Ice, who did the Ninja Rap song for Secret of the Ooze. 1992's preview show was co-hosted by Devon Sawa and Gus St. Pierre as their Mighty Ducks characters.

Fox's preview show for 1994 was hosted by James Brown, Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long and Jimmie Johnson because that year coincided with Fox's first season of Sunday Night Football.

1995's preview show saw Devon Sawa return to hosting duties, this time in tandem with Casper co-star Christina Ricci, plus the Ghostly Trio.

Then in 1996, it was Jason Alexander hosting, because he had voiced Hugo in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Later, Fox brought in Greg Rhodes, Molly Ringwald and Sean Astin to do the '98 preview show as part of the 15th anniversary of Huck's Landing. The preview show for '99 was hosted by the Backstreet Boys.

Other than that, NBC's preview shows for a few years in the early Nineties were hosted by the cast of Saved by the Bell.

Mr. Spum is gonna try to launch a series called the Heartaches, based on characters he animated for a commercial campaign for the Old Navy clothing brand back in 1998.
OTL blog entries by He Who Shall Not be Named:
http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2006/02/calling-all-girls-heartaches.html
http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2012/07/heartaches-models.html

But because I had kept John K in the spotlight too long in the original American Magic to the annoyance of other users, I'm gonna try to keep the mention of TTL's Ray Spum to a minimum going forward. Thank you for your understanding.
I like the idea of the final fall of ray spum being that that Miramax 2.0 hiring another animatior who produces a much less converistioal and much succhess show then the heartaches. Ray is jeouslous of the other aniamtors success and attempts ruin his commpetion. His plan backfires and winds and he winds bieng fired and possiabley sent to jail. The reason I like another animaoror making a more succefull cartoon is because I want mirmax 2.0 to have some succes in family enterment so they decide to build a themepark which is a total fail and cometpley backrupt the koch brothers philp wushtia and bob and havery wineistne. I

Last edited:
I like the idea of the final fall of ray spum being that that Miramax 2.0 hiring another animatior who produces a much less converistioal and much succhess show then the heartaches. Ray is jeouslous of the other aniamtors success and attempts ruin his commpetion. His plan backfires and winds and he winds bieng fired and possiabley sent to jail. The reason I like another animaoror making a more succefull cartoon is because I want mirmax 2.0 to have some succes in family enterment so they decide to build a themepark which is a total fail and cometpley backrupt the koch brothers philp wushtia and bob and havery wineistne. I
Right, but the thing with Weinstein is that IOTL, he wasn't a popcorn/blockbuster person. He was more of an arthouse kind of guy. So even if Miramax 2.0 decided to attempt a theme park, it would likely be threadbare in terms of IP's.