World Maps for Alternate History Timelines and Works on this Forum

Inspired by the World Maps for Official/Published Alternate History Works thread, I feel an extreme urge and instinct to first and foremost look at a world map of a timeline or story so that I can even begin to like it, for me, the world maps write their stories, and not the other way around.

Since there are countless timelines in this forum, but not all of them have world maps, or if they do, they are usually hidden deep inside their threads, I have decided to make a go-to thread to catalog and organize them in here, with credits given both to the writers of the TL and the creators of the map(s), I am obviously not aware of every single map made for TLs in this forum, so you must contribute to this thread as well!

At this moment and for convenience, this thread only shows maps that are the closest to the modern-day period.

The Footprint of Mussolini by Sorairo (Completed), in the year of 2024, map made by me.
SR1wB6e.png

The Death of Russia by Sorairo (Completed), in the year of 2024, map made by me.
rp1Htdh.png

Bush vs. The Axis of Evil by Sorairo (Completed), in the year of 2024, map made by me (this map looks more complex than the others because I've added the maximum number of real-life insurgencies onto it, since out of all maps from this list, this timeline is the one whose alternate world that is the most similar to OTL).
4c1Xbfn.png

La Transizione Imperfetta - Italy 20 Years After Fascism by Polish Magnet (Ongoing) in the year of 2014, map made by me.
eIQy27L.png

Decisive Darkness: What if Japan hadn't surrendered in 1945? by The Red (Completed), in the year of 2016, map made by theman7777 (sadly since the TL was finished before the forum revamp, the thread does not has threadmarks, and most of its links that link the threadmarks are dead links, making it very difficult to read this timeline today):
decisive-darkness-png.293904

Malê Rising by Johnathan Edelstein (Ongoing?), in the year of 2015, map made by Analytical Engine (given how large this timeline is, the wiki has a list of countless chronological maps made for this timeline, a large portion of which are now dead links and can no longer be viewed):
maleworldregional-png.266419

Last edited:
Is there a place to create world maps? I'm trying to find a place to make a map of ASOIAF with Tamriel (The size of africa) to the west of Westeros(Size of South America) with the other continents of ASOIAF, on a world the size of Vances Big Planet.

Last edited:
Is there a place to create world maps? I'm trying to find a place to make a map of ASOIAF with Tamriel to the west of Westeros with the other continents of ASOIAF, on a world the size of Vances Big Planet.
I am sure that such a map already exists and is floating here somewhere, but I am not that much into ASOIAF so therefore I do not know where to find it.

Twilight of the Red Tsar by Napoleon IV. Unfortunately he abandoned TL when it was on early 1970's so later world would be pretty speculative. There is map in 1980 by Zoidberg12. I personally bit disagree with some thing but I think this being mostly pretty likely. By 2024 this hardly changes much anyway.

1690236564393-png.846228