1968 elections and the space.

In 1968 which would have been for US manned space program the better President-elect

• Hubert Humphrey

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Robert F. Kennedy

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Eugene McCarthy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George McGovern

• George Wallace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Richard Nixon

• Nelson Rockefeller

• Ronald Reagan

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Charles H. Percy

• Harold Stassen

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In 1968 which would have been for US manned space program the better President-elect between all candidates?

Bobby Kennedy. Big government Democrat with no problems with spending money but unlikely to spend it all on welfare.

I would have to third RFK. Not only for the reasons mentioned, but also for sentimental reasons given that it was one of his brother's legacies.

Write-in for LBJ. Even more than Kennedy, he was a space nut. Kennedy mostly just liked the soft power, from what I've read, while LBJ was a bit more of a true believer. If not for Vietnam...ah well.

I would have to third RFK. Not only for the reasons mentioned, but also for sentimental reasons given that it was one of his brother's legacies.

I wonder if John Glenn will be Bobby Kennedy's VP in TTL. Glenn became very good friends with all of the Kennedies and with Bobby in particular. A successful RFK presidency might lead to a John Glenn White House.

I could see Wallace funneling a lot of money to the space program because of the fact that it would spur investment in Southern states like Texas, Florida, and especially his own Alabama.