Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given Russia's diversity, a two-party system may be unrealistic.

Unless the ULD is actually a coalition of like-minded parties, including ethnic minority parties?

Thank you. I'm actually wondering if someone could help me by making a blank electoral map of the Russian Empire with 600 ridings.

While you're at it, also make me a blank electoral map of Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Holstein-Gottorp, Iceland and Ingria with 419 constituencies, and get me a cup of coffee, will ya?

While you're at it, also make me a blank electoral map of Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Holstein-Gottorp, Iceland and Ingria with 419 constituencies, and get me a cup of coffee, will ya?
Oh, make me a blank electoral map of the 480 seats of the glorious Federated Kingdoms of Cambria, Hawaii and Aotearoa, including Cambria's reconquered territories in *England and Hawaii and Aotearoa's vast Pacific territories. And I hate coffee, so get me a bottle of Coca-Cola and a Danish biscuit. And snap to it! :)p)

And I hate coffee, so get me a bottle of Coca-Cola and a Danish biscuit.

I had to look up Danish biscuits - it seems English has a greater hit ratio when it comes to naming foreign foodstuffs when the appellation given is "Danish", because they are actually Danish/Scandinavian. Needless to say, of course, we call them "Brussels biscuits".

I had to look up Danish biscuits - it seems English has a greater hit ratio when it comes to naming foreign foodstuffs when the appellation given is "Danish", because they are actually Danish/Scandinavian. Needless to say, of course, we call them "Brussels biscuits".
Brussells biscuits? Was it made by an Eurosceptic who hated the taste of it? :p

Given Russia's diversity, a two-party system may be unrealistic.

Unless the ULD is actually a coalition of like-minded parties, including ethnic minority parties?

Ethnic minority groups make up a strong faction in the URLD, as their MPs campaign for greater rights for them, but since the Duma was initially modelled by the Tsar to resemble the House of Commons, it started with two parties.
Don't worry, though, lots of small parties start popping up.

Ethnic minority groups make up a strong faction in the URLD, as their MPs campaign for greater rights for them, but since the Duma was initially modelled by the Tsar to resemble the House of Commons, it started with two parties.

Don't worry, though, lots of small parties start popping up.
That is really peculiar. What did the Tsar do to push politicians into two parties?

That is really peculiar. What did the Tsar do to push politicians into two parties?

He didn't really push them, per se, but he did recommend two parties. The politicians were sharp enough to realize how first-past-the-post works.
The two original parties were very big tent and could be described more as electoral alliances than real parties, similarly how to pre-1960s Democrats or Republicans held a broad range of political views.
Also, the civil servants put up barriers to fringe parties entering their candidates, fearing that such parties would result in a hung parliament and destabilize Russia's fledgling parliament.

Since you guys are interested, here infoboxes for the URLD and Conservatives:

vROo83r.jpg

EMAoqug.jpg

Asami

Banned
(Hey look, a wikibox from The Shield of Liberty!)

9eE4KQ0.png

the West African Territory election of 1857 was the first for the territory, and one of the few provincial gubernatorial elections held during the Patriotic War between the liberal "imperial paternalist" secessionist state Rhodesia, and the reactionary "total segregation" government of Georgia. In the West African Territory, the lands held by this territory were primarily hugging the coastline, running from Sierra Leone to the Slave Coast (which wasn't the name used anymore, considering slavery was largely irrelevant after the Southern Rebellion of 1776), and were largely disorganized.

William Wonka, the Democratic candidate, was also the founder and operator of Wonka's Chocolate Company, a company that had a great stake in the establishment of a cocoa trade out of West Africa, and would later form Wonka, Inc., one of the world's foremost candy companies, rivaling that of Nestle, or Hershey.

His opponent, Stanford Lewis, was a major shareholder in the West African Material Co. (later Liberian Oil and Ore Production). Despite their industrial backgrounds, both men championed support of Rhodesia in the Patriotic War, and vowed to do what was best for West Africa, one way or another.

Other third party candidates ran, but none from the major metropole parties, such as The Railroad. William Wonka won an overwhelming victory, and was named Governor. He named his Deputy from amongst the Kru tribe, not far from the capital of Port Independence, marking the first formal formation of a territorial government. The territory would be renamed Liberia and made a full province of the Commonwealth in 1870.​

I think you covered it rather elegantly.

However, I raise an issues; Strom was not PPT at the time, Robert Byrd was.

Yes - the PoD is Jeffords doesn't leave the GOP. Bush is somehow killed by a related attack as UA Flight 93 crashes into the Capitol. Seeing this happen Cheney has a heart attack leading to Thurmond becoming POTUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.