Beatles WI: McCartney dies instead of Lennon

"..we are receiving breaking news that Paul McCartney and his wife, Linda have been found dead in Nigeria. As of right now, it is unclear what the cause of death was, however some sources are saying that both were brutally stabbed."

How is the world impacted? Most importantly, How are John, George and Ringo impacted?

Discuss.

"..we are receiving breaking news that Paul McCartney and his wife, Linda have been found dead in Nigeria. As of right now, it is unclear what the cause of death was, however some sources are saying that both were brutally stabbed."

How is the world impacted? Most importantly, How are John, George and Ringo impacted?

Discuss.
John mourns Paul, but still pursues his relationship with Yoko. However, he is willing to make nicer comments about Paul in the press, and Yoko probably has a scream-wail song interpolating Paul's vocals?

John mourns Paul, but still pursues his relationship with Yoko. However, he is willing to make nicer comments about Paul in the press, and Yoko probably has a scream-wail song interpolating Paul's vocals?
I can definitely see John doing something similar to "Here Today", though maybe less clear what the meaning was.

I was more annoyed by Johns antics in the media, than by Pauls efforts at serious music. How about we kill both & Harrisons talents get more exposure?

Interesting fact about George Harrison: he had hired new groundskeeping staff a week before he was stabbed and nearly killed by a crazed fan (in 1999) and, as he was being carried away, he saw one of the new staff he had hired and quipped "So, how do you like the job so far?" Also, his wife Olivia (his second--he was married and divorced from Pattie Boyd, but that's another story), after he had been stabbed, managed to beat the shit out of the intruder with a fireplace poker, which prompted Tom Petty to send George a card saying "Aren't you glad you married a Mexican girl?"

Getting back on topic, I wonder what kind of conspiracy theories are going to be around Paul and Linda's deaths; George Harrison probably starts writing a tribute song similar to "All Those Years Ago", IMO, though it won't be the same, and gets John and Ringo to sing on it. And Lorne will never make his famous check offer to John and Paul to reunite (or, if he does, it'll be John and George or John and Ringo).

And Paul's death will lead to his reputation being better posthumously, as well, just like what happened with Lennon in OTL...

i'd say heather tries to get home safely with james, and succeeds
If this happens during recording Band on the Run, as I suppose, Heather is 11, Mary is 4, Stella is 2, and James isn't even a sparkle in his mother's eye.

And I don't believe the kids went to Nigeria with them anyway.