Best and Worst Post-1900 Political PODs

The pope speaks out about the Holocaust. Millions are saved.

Hitler denounces the church and not much changes in Germany. This might save the Italian Jews, though.

As for my PoD: King Alexander of Greece isn’t bitten by a monkey and Greece “wins” the Greco-Turkish War of 1919. In other words: Axis Turkey.

A UK-based PoD that could lead to significant/interesting divergence from OTL - the 1979 general election ends up with the Conservatives as the largest party, but with either a very small majority or short of a majority (compared to the majority of 43 that Thatcher actually had). One possible reason for this could be that the Scottish devolution referendum passes instead of failing due to not reaching the required minimum percentage of the electorate. Things would potentially be very different if Thatcher was a weak/short-term PM instead of the dominant force that she became.

Another possibility is Prime Minister John Smith in 1997, with Tony Blair as Home Secretary.

Personally, i believe that, without the New Deal, the civil strife within the USA would have indeed reached a boiling point, but the result would be a broken nation, divided between communists, and fascists (both nazis and the KKK), not a fascist dictatorship controlling all of the country.

The US Army was pretty small during the interwar period and had relatively limited combat power, I could see them being pretty ineffective at enforcing the will of a coast-to-coast federal government. Some of the border Northern border states might well seek protection from the British Empire if things got bad enough. That would be interesting enough.