Blue Skies in Camelot (Continued): An Alternate 80s and Beyond

I keep going back and forth on the film for Batman ITTL, I apologize for the canon whiplash. Such is the danger of planning such a specific detail years in advance of the film's debut here. For now, I've changed it back to Tim Burton as the director, but kept Willem Dafoe as The Dark Knight for now.
Thank You! :) Willem Dafoe is one of those actors whom I truly believe can do anything. He has such an incredible range and one of my favorites. While he's great at playing unhinged villains, I like his turns as a hero as well. I'm imagining that his take on Bruce Wayne would be a bit of his detective from American Psycho and Agent Ward from Mississippi Burning with a bit of that classic Batman angst and brooding. Though IOTL, Burton wasn't keen on including Robin/Dick Grayson, I'd like to see us try to work him in as well, maybe in time for the sequel.
Alright then, let's keep Willem Dafoe for a while as Bruce Wayne/Batman. You already mentioned Sean Young as Vicki Vale, Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth, Billy Dee Williams as Harvey Dent/Two Face, Pat Hingle as Commissioner Gordon, and Jack Palance as Rupert Thorne. We universally agree that Jack Nicholson as Jack Napier/Joker is one of his iconic performances IOTL, but I want to see Mark Hamill as Joker ITTL. He nailed the voice from Batman: The Animated Series IOTL, but I want to see him in live action, that would be amazing because he's got the energy than Nicholson did IOTL. I proposed that we keep Batman: The Movie premiered in 1984 ITTL. With Batman II later in 1987 ITTL, are we still going to keep Michelle Pfeiffer as Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Danny Devito as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin? For me, I would keep it as well genius. I don't know if we're going to keep Christopher Walken as Max Schreck as well, but I'll let you geniuses decide. And finally, with Batman III later in 1990 ITTL, I strongly suggest and proposed Robin Williams as The Riddler, and I've read or heard that Marlon Wayans as Robin. I don't know if we're also going to keep Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy, but I'll let you geniuses also decide. With The Original Batman Trilogy ITTL, along with The Original Superman Trilogy ITTL, we're going to have a better superhero movies than IOTL. For now, we're looking forward Mr. President on your another Special Pop Culture Chapter Update, this one is about Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back ITTL.

Last edited:
That's okay. Everyone's different. No problem 🙂
awh Jeez man I don’t mean that as a knock against the chapter I’m sorry

i have comic book trauma from all the goofy ass romance drama I’ve seen, and seeing Gwen Stacey Mary Jane Peter love triangle is giving me Vietnam flashbacks to the current run of ASM with the Paul nonsense

LordYam

Banned
True but that's explicitly not very fast or agile (it's a slightly mobile bombardment platform) Executor is a warship apparently able to operate inside an asteroid thicket and Supremacy was fast enough to keep up with Leia's fleet for a prolonged period of time.
Maybe but that is how Lucas designed it so I think that can be allowed.

The insistence that a warship can’t be that big always seemed rather limited in imagination, and a little disrespectful to the model makers. The Death Star can move pretty quickly in ANH after all and the Executor had heavy shielding as well

Last edited:
We universally agree that Jack Nicholson as Jack Napier/Joker is one of his iconic performances IOTL, but I want to see Mark Hamill as Joker ITTL. He nailed the voice from Batman: The Animated Series IOTL, but I want to see him in live action, that would be amazing because he's got the energy than Nicholson did IOTL.
Okay
Hear me out:

Jack Nicholson as the Penguin
Nice way to get out of the squawking portrayal in the 60s

That works. That said the other issue is that the movie will be made in 1985 so Hamill might be a little young to pull off the Joker in Live action at that point.
@President_Lincoln
Might I know who will be directing ITTL's Batman (1985)?
I might be able to cook up a plot involving a Willem Dafoe Batman and a Jack Nicholson Penguin.

A Mark Hamill Joker will come in the sequel in around 87 or 88 I think.

Last edited:
@President_Lincoln
Might I know who will be directing ITTL's Batman (1985)?
I might be able to cook up a plot involving a Willem Dafoe Batman and a Jack Nicholson Penguin.

A Mark Hamill Joker will come in the sequel in around 87 or 88 I think.
That sounds good. Let's do it. Tim Burton directs. Willem Dafoe as Batman/Bruce Wayne and Jack Nicholson as the Penguin. Do we want Vicki Vale as Bruce's love interest? Or would we prefer Silver St. Cloud or someone else? I feel like Catwoman probably doesn't come until the sequel. Unless you think she should? Maybe she could be an anti-hero in this initial script?

That sounds good. Let's do it. Tim Burton directs. Willem Dafoe as Batman/Bruce Wayne and Jack Nicholson as the Penguin. Do we want Vicki Vale as Bruce's love interest? Or would we prefer Silver St. Cloud or someone else? I feel like Catwoman probably doesn't come until the sequel. Unless you think she should? Maybe she could be an anti-hero in this initial script?
What if Tim Burton directs Catwoman in 1989

Do we want Vicki Vale as Bruce's love interest? Or would we prefer Silver St. Cloud or someone else?
Someone else.
Dr. Pamela Lillian Isley, Ph.D.

Who, ITTL, is a close childhood friend of Bruce Wayne, both in the comics and in the Adam West TV show, portrayed by Ann-Margaret Presley.

1. She, along with Alfred, becomes Bruce's support system after Thomas and Martha get killed.
2. They have a relationship in their teenage years, and Pam is Bruce's first... well, everything.
3. She is fascinated with nature and is concerned about the growing push for nuclear energy.
3. When Bruce heads off around the world to study/train to be Batman, Pam moves up academia very quickly, getting a Ph.D. in Biology or something related.
4. A lab accident gives her her canon powers, but she is somehow able to quickly harness it.
5. When Bruce returns, he takes over Wayne Enterprises and pushes heavily into developing nuclear energy, while rekindling his romance with his childhood sweetheart.
6. Pam is secretly disgusted by this and starts attacking nuclear power stations around Gotham as Poison Ivy.
7. There is some attack that goes wrong, and Bruce, as Batman, confronts Pam, as Poison Ivy.
8. Poison Ivy is revealed to be Pam to Batman sometime in the climax.
9. Bruce, heartbroken, defeats Poison Ivy and sends her off to Arkham.

Just gotta tie Oswald Cobblepot into this somehow.

This is an initial brainstorm, please feel free to add to this.

Last edited:
Someone else.

Who, ITTL, is a close childhood friend of Bruce Wayne, both in the comics and in the Adam West TV show, portrayed by Ann-Margaret Presley.

1. She, along with Alfred, becomes Bruce's support system after Thomas and Martha get killed.
2. They have a relationship in their teenage years, and Pam is Bruce's first... well, everything.
3. She is fascinated with nature and is concerned about the growing push for nuclear energy.
3. When Bruce heads off around the world to study/train to be Batman, Pam moves up academia very quickly, getting a Ph.D. in Biology or something related.
4. A lab accident gives her her canon powers, but she is somehow able to quickly harness it.
5. When Bruce returns, he takes over Wayne Enterprises and pushes heavily into developing nuclear energy, while rekindling his romance with his childhood sweetheart.
6. Pam is secretly disgusted by this and starts attacking nuclear power stations around Gotham as Poison Ivy.
7. There is some attack that goes wrong, and Bruce, as Batman, confronts Pam, as Poison Ivy.

That is actually a very interesting plot and it would give a tragic element to both Poison Ivy and Batman. Good job I second this

Someone else.

A thought on how to tie in Cobblepot...

Cold open of the film: we see The Penguin and his gang begin to pull some kind of major heist. Could be a bank, or an art museum, something that introduces Penguin as a major figure in the city's underworld. Batman intervenes, stops the plan, and leaves the goons for Gordon and the Police. Penguin manages to escape. Later in the film, when Ivy begins her attacks on the power plants, Cobblepot offers to join forces to take revenge on their mutual enemy.

Thoughts?

Cold open of the film: we see The Penguin and his gang begin to pull some kind of major heist. Could be a bank, or an art museum, something that introduces Penguin as a major figure in the city's underworld. Batman intervenes, stops the plan, and leaves the goons for Gordon and the Police. Penguin manages to escape. Later in the film, when Ivy begins her attacks on the power plants, Cobblepot offers to join forces to take revenge on their mutual enemy.

Thoughts?
Yeah that sounds great

Thoughts?

Works for me.

Thoughts?
Seems good. But what are Cobblepot's motivations?

Someone else.

Fantastic plot ideas! If this was a movie I'd watch it :)

Sorry to backtrack, but @aksolute talking about Saudi Arabia has got me thinking about energy policy. Mr. President @President_Lincoln , do you think RFK will be more vigorous than Mo Udall in pursuing energy independence for America, preventing further dependence and blackmail from petro-states and the oil giants of OPEC? Will he and the Democratic-dominated Congress push for new funding for domestic oil as well as coal, nuclear, and solar power? And yes, I know supporting an increase in domestic oil production and more usage of coal and nuclear power is controversial. However, I'm a believer that true energy independence needs backbones. Moreover, I also believe that truly green and usable renewable energy is still in the distant future. That is why I supported these policies.