Cleopatra VII born male

What would have happened had the Cleopatra that dealt with Caesar and Marc Antony been born male? This person has the same personality and intelligence that Cleopatra had IOTL. He'd probably be Ptolemy XIII or something like that.

Something tells me that this individual would not have tried to seduce any of the members of the Triumvirate...

What would have happened had the Cleopatra that dealt with Caesar and Marc Antony been born male? This person has the same personality and intelligence that Cleopatra had IOTL. He'd probably be Ptolemy XIII or something like that.

Something tells me that this individual would not have tried to seduce any of the members of the Triumvirate...
He presumably marries Berenice or Arsinoe ITTL.

I wonder if this guy could try to become a fourth Triumvir. Sure he doesn't have armies, but he does have all the food and soldiers need to eat.

Also: "Hey, fight for me and you get land further down the Nile if you're able to irrigate it! How about beachfront property on the Med?"

Granted I don't know much here.

Last edited:
I wonder if this guy could try to become a fourth Triumvir. Sure he doesn't have armies, but he does have all the food and soldiers need to eat...

If Antony dies at some point and Ptolemy gets on Augustus' good side, it's possible he might be approached to join the Triumvirate.

If some of the rumors about Caesar are true, I wouldn’t be so sure

But seriously I think he would still ally with Caesar and later Marc Antony, since that just makes the most sense. Augustus might kill the Ptolemies off even if they are his allies, just so he can claim the territory as personal property like OTL.
I wonder if this guy could try to become a fourth Triumvir. Sure he doesn't have armies, but he does have all the food and soldiers need to eat...

AFAIK Egypt was really just a Roman puppet at this point. Alt-Cleopatra would still be a useful ally to have, but I doubt he could be on the level of a Triumvir

kholieken

Banned
Roman wouldnt accept outsider as Triumvir. Besides he would be unimportant client, Ptolemic Egypt had been in decline for some time.