Completing the Q-BAM sized 8K-BAM Robinson map

Remember that attempt to make a Q-BAM sized Robinson blank map based on the 8K-BAM elevation robinson map? It was never finished but why don't we try and finish it?

8-K-BAM-Robinson-QBam-sized.png

The resized generated elevation Map.

8-K-BAM-Robinson-QBam-sized Blank Line Map.png

How far they initially went.

8-K-BAM-Robinson-QBam-sized Blank Line Map.png

The little I have added.

This map is very close to completion, I think you're right that we might as well finish it.
I'll probably do some work on the Aleutian Islands. Anybody else interested?

B-QBAM.png

I have done much more than the Aleutian Islands.
I was basically just tracing off of the above resized topographic 8K-BAM, with visual referencing from the full-size equirectangular 8K-BAM on the tougher bits.
I can see why this region is left for last when making maps.
I'll go ahead and claim all of Alaska except the panhandle.
Also, where was the original 8K--BAM Robinson map, so I can resize more accurately?
AFAICT, the first time the Q-BAM-sized and shaped 8K-BAM appeared was this post:
I have tried to fit the 8K-Bam into the Q-Bam and they are too irregular to do it accurately. Maybe someone with Photoshop can do it, but with MS Paint it is really impossible. The Q-bam is too irregular. I really give up :confused:, but I leave here the projection of the 8K-Bam in Robinson with the Q-Bam measurements for someone who thinks they can get it. Personally I think it would be easier to adapt the Q-Bam to more accurate measurements like the 8K-Bam than to adapt the 8K-Bam to the inaccuracy of the Q-Bam. If someone is up for it we could try to adapt the topographic map of the 8k-Bam to the Q-Bam little by little but I can't do it by myself.

PD: I can't upload the complete map, does anyone know how to do it?
This indicates to me that the reprojection and rescaling were simultaneous, and so there may not currently be a Robinson 8192x4096 8K-BAM.
If anyone happens to have an 8K Robinson map lying around, feel free to share.
Edit: I used Gprojector to mock something up. The max resolution is 7500x3750, so it's not perfect, but at least there's no antialiasing or interpolation. The coastlines are far from airtight.

Last edited:
This indicates to me that the reprojection and rescaling were simultaneous, and so there may not currently be a Robinson 8192x4096 8K-BAM.
If anyone happens to have an 8K Robinson map lying around, feel free to share.
Edit: I used Gprojector to mock something up. The max resolution is 7500x3750, so it's not perfect, but at least there's no antialiasing or interpolation. The coastlines are far from airtight.
Do you think a resized to Q-Ba=AM proportions map the 7500x3750 would work better?