Hail, Britannia: A New History

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Thank you all!! It is incredibly warming to my heart to receive such a positive response to the new series. I really do hope you enjoy the new TL and the content :D

I would like to see a world map soon.
Can’t wait to see a map. Do you have a WIP?

It is my intention that a world map will be the first post in the coming few days. I am just finalising a few elements before committing to the final version. Watch this space.

Watching.
I'm very interested to know about the changed flags and coats of arms of the British Empire compared to the previous versions, as those are what I provided most of my advice about in the previous thread.
I am indeed curious what that sun on a red field is referencing on the CoA
I keep imagining British Macedonia
My initial suspicion is a simple "the Empire", as that was the other option discussed with The Imperial "Ecu Complete" that I posted in the previous thread when the Imperial British coat of arms was being developed.

So the first and fourth quarters represent Great Britain, while the third is for Ireland. The second quarter is TTL's arms of Virginia, the fourth traditional kingdom of the British Crown. I'm still not quite happy with the arms though, and I am working on an improved version.

The inescutcheon is an eagle carrying a shield of 21 bezants, that roughly represents the colonies of British America at the turn of the 19th century - East and West Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Maryland, Pennsylvania (including Delaware, but de facto separate), New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts Bay, New Hampshire, Nova Scotia, Vermont, Upper and Lower Canada, New Brunswick, Cape Breton Island, St Johns Island and Newfoundland.

2024 Political Map of the World

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
2024-Hail-Britannia-World-Map-Infographics.png

Last edited:
So glad to see this returning (even in reboot form)! The map is interesting, it looks like the Empire is more...traditionally Anglospheric in terms of historical territory held (e.g. no Puerto Rico or northern Morocco, but Singapore and Belize are in). Also, California and Texas seemed to have made out with some extraterritorial holdings as well, and are thankfully still in the Commonwealth. Australia's out though, what's with that? Also, there's some weirdness going on with South Africa (not to mention India...geez!)

In any case, great map (bonus that ITTL I don't have to feel too bad if I enjoy Khabib's fight reels....IYKYK).

In States by Global Democracy Index, I assume that grey (British Ovamboland) means "No Information" but what does black (in the Netherlands East Indies) mean?

Australia's out though, what's with that?
They're far from London and have significant populations and land area instead of being colonial exclaves like Singapore or Honk Kong, so it kind of makes sense that they'd become independent Commonwealth realms instead of full members of the Empire.

Man, that Balkans just made me audibly go "what the fuck," it's wild! Based on the Latin Monetary Union, it looks like Montenegro, Albania and Aromania are all firmly in the Italian sphere of influence, and you've also got the 1915 Treaty of London-tier vibes with direct ownership of parts of the Dalmatian coast and the Julian March. You've got Croatia shrunk down to the core region, making me wonder if we've got a Croatia that's linguistically closer to Kajkavian, and on the other hand you've got Banana Serbia (similarly sharing Treaty of London-tier vibes) and Herzegovina-less Bosnia. The only major oddity feels like Banat, but maybe that's inspired by the 1918 Banat Republic.

And that's just focusing on one bit of the map! There's so much more to chew on here across all the info provided.

I'll admit that I always found the more convergent original timeline to be a bit charming, but this looks very interesting. Siberia seems interesting since the names seem to show that it's been heavily Japanized, but there also seem to be a few names that imply lingering Russian influence (Petoropaburo, maybe Kagirugin as well). How much of a cultural blend is there here? Also is their monarch just the Emperor of Japan or do they have something else going on?

I see that China's a monarchy here. I'm assuming that they aren't under the Qing since Manchuria's independent, so which dynasty rules today?

Good stuff as always! I like how divergent the borders have become, especially the tiny European micronations
  • How did the Philippines became part of the Commonwealth? I assume the Philippine monarch is Charles III (if he even exists).
  • Also, interestingly, Australia and Westralia and NZ became separate from U.E. How did they get to be separate countries while British North America isn't?
  • And Japan having Transamur is new, as well as Japanized Siberia, yet an independent Korea. Definitely interested to know how that became a thing.