Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Decades of Darkness

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • A World of Laughter, A World of Tears

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Other (please share!)

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
One of my favorite threads on this sub-forum is the "Photos From TL-191" thread. I've been having so much fun with it for the past couple of years, and with it's rapidly growing post count, it's clear that I'm not alone.

Not only do I want to keep that one going; I was wondering about possibilities to apply the same concept (pictures that represent scenes/events/society from an AH story) to other popular alternate history stories, and start a similar thread for it.

However, I'm having trouble thinking of a good one to center on. TL-191 has so many advantages for this sort of thing; it combines broad, globe-spanning applicability with a degree of parallelism that makes finding relevant pictures relatively simple. There was an attempt a while back at a similar thread for "For Want of a Nail," but that, unfortunately, didn't see much activity (I wish I could contribute to it myself, but I haven't finished reading the book). There was also one for "Decades of Darkness," but it got locked; maybe there's room for another crack at it.

In the meantime, I thought I'd field some ideas. What other popular AH stories (published or posted here on this site) would have good potential for a photo thread? I've thrown out a few poll options to get the ball rolling.

Last edited:
I personally would dig a picture thread for "The Anglo/American-Nazi War". If anything to see some photos of early Cold War equipment and uniforms.

IMHO, I think all of these would be fun to try.

But perhaps especially. IMHO, Bring the Jubilee, Back in the USSA, and The Domination(or even any of Stirling's Draka stuff in general).....the former because was relatively unique in many ways(and it's also rather obscure!). the middle just for kicks, and the latter because I do have a bit of a thing for dystopias.

Also, photos threads for Red Dawn, Dominion of Southern America, Dimension 398, The Union Forever, and Malê Rising, would also be neat to see, IMHO. :D