Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Britain is the bigger partner in the union, I imagine France would be pressured to decolonize rather than fight for every inch of soil outside of metropolitan France. It may not be pulled off smoothly (just look at the Raj), but there probably won't be a Dien Bien Phu or Vietnam War.
Vietnam and Indochina would probably be decolonized peacefully, but Algeria would still be a war in my opinion, considering it was a part of metropolitan france, though the conflict would not have gone as long as it did with Britain involved in my opinion.

Progress so for for my Oceanpunk map. Probably some of the last last things left to do is draw the zephyrs representing the four winds on each corner, assuming I decide to add them.
seaofooonew2.png

For the case of there being nations or factions, i might not have drawn their borders on this map, but the "flagshi"ps on this map painted with a single color and abuse gold trimming should vaguely imply the presence of unnamed factions.

Last edited:
on second thought, i'll just requestr someone else to do the Zephyrs since I'm not particularly good at drawing human faces in MS paint. Especially diagonally. Specifically asking MrImperatorRoma.

Last edited:
1649938270904.png

Germany in the dreams of the founders of East Germany.
(Yes they wanted to use the Black-White-Red flag as well as the eagle early on)
I included;
Name
Motto
Anthem
Capital
Language
Government
Head of State
Head of Government
Lower House
Upper House
Size
Population
Currency
Calling code
Internet TLD

Progress so for for my Oceanpunk map. Probably some of the last last things left to do is draw the zephyrs representing the four winds on each corner, assuming I decide to add them.
View attachment 733898
For the case of there being nations or factions, i might not have drawn their borders on this map, but the "flagshi"ps on this map painted with a single color and abuse gold trimming should vaguely imply the presence of unnamed factions.

I really love this and all the little details it has. (Russian subs show as sharks. Pre-Flood Sunken cities. Ghost ships and monsters. Oil tankers.)

I'm curious what the exact finished result would look like and what lore, or back story you have for it.

1649946274645.png

And now here we have Germany if history did go a bit more with the will of the people
Here we have a free Westphalia (Actually the fault of the Brits in this timeline. But I'm sure that Westphalians would love it), a free and bigger Oldenburg (If the successful vote did go through the bundestag), a free Baden (The majority of people there actually voted against the Southwest state). a free Franconia (if the Bundestag actually allowed for a referendum), a united Brandenburg-Berlin (If more people from Brandenburg voted for it. But I wanted to include it) as well as the German speaking community in East Belgium being part of Germany (Let's say the whole king problem in Belgium went down south)

As you can see Germany retained the DM and left NATO. Something that the German people both wanted very much during reunification.

I wonder how this non NATO Germany would look back that that decision considering the stuff that happened since Georgia...

Also, be prepared for the next and last map.
My personal "loosing both WW2 but still" German wank map.

View attachment 733898
Is your world fully realist or is there fantastic elements ?

View attachment 733898
This is really good, great job! not super sure about the chords that intersect on the compass being unaffected by the projection but that would be a pain to do so i don't really blame you.

THE FRANCO-BRITISH UNION STATE

GTkebOc.png

As the Battle of France ended in disaster in 1940, the French Government was in tatters and on the verge of surrender. Prime Minister Reynaud in June 1940 refused to sign an armistice under German auspices and dispatched Rene Pleven, his deputy in a last-ditch attempt to secure continued French support for the Allies in the War. The proposal of a Franco-British Union. An idea that had reached its peak during the Anglo-French wars of the Plantagenets but one that had died afterward. Prime Minister Churchill was ecstatic at the idea [Major PoD] and agreed to it and on 16 June 1940, the British Cabinet voted to accept the offer. On the 18th of June, 1940, both the French and British Parliaments voted in majority for the proposal, and the next day, history changed, as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the French Third Republic ceased to exist - in its place, the Franco-British Union State arose. Mainland France fell not soon afterward, but the new haphazardly made Union State continued the fight against the Germans until the German Surrender in 1945. Despite much skepticism, the Union survived after the war, and is today considered to be one of the greater powers of the world - as in not strong enough to be a Superpower, but not weak enough to be designated as a simple great power.

A/N: Unlikely scenario, but still thoughts?
What about the other various other small islands that Britain and France still control IOTL?

t19fu6jvojt81.png

Finding themselves in internal turmoil, the Byzantine Empires' misfortunes is exploited by the Sasanian Empire seeking to restore the ancient Achaemenid Empire.

I was commissioned to make a map for my friend's Regency era roleplaying manual, which she's kickstartering (conjugation?) at the moment. Well technically two maps but the second isn't finished yet. It's a map of Regency Era London on a wide scale, it's going to function more as an illustration than as a proper map map in the book, that role is being played by the second map which is a detail of the West End. This is a little out of my usual style and comfort zone!

df0zist-cd2c96d4-dffa-4820-b085-dbddeb553a61.png

This is really good, great job! not super sure about the chords that intersect on the compass being unaffected by the projection but that would be a pain to do so i don't really blame you.
the last thing i need is zephyrs on the corner of the map representing the four winds, though i'll request it to someone else as I'm not particularly good at drawing human faces in ms paint.

the last thing i need is zephyrs on the corner of the map representing the four winds, though i'll request it to someone else as I'm not particularly good at drawing human faces in ms paint.
I'm sure you can just take them from someone else's map, I don't think they'll mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.