My Friend Goo: An Alternate Alternate Rock TL

Teshuvah

Banned
COURTNEY LOVE DEAD OF HEROIN OVERDOSE
26 Sep 1993

AP: "...Love death's came just hours after Nirvana had finished an appearance on Saturday Night Live. According to police, Kurt Cobain called 911 after his wife became unresponsive during a late night drug session. Police would not comment on whether or not Cobain would be arrested on heroin possession charges..."

JUDGE REVOKES CUSTODY OF FRANCIS BEAN COBAIN: KURT'S DAUGHTER TO LIVE WITH GRANDMOTHER WENDY COBAIN
15 Oct 1993

KURT COBAIN REACHES DEAL WITH JUDGE: AGREES TO GO INTO REHAB, WILL REGAIN CUSTODY OF FRANCIS IF SUCCESSFULLY REHABILITATED
20 Oct 1993

KURT COBAIN TALKS TO PRESS BEFORE CHECKING INTO REHAB: SAYS NIRVANA "GOING AWAY FOR AWHILE"
24 Oct 1993

NBC Reporter: Mr. Cobain, what does the future of the band look like?

Cobain: Honestly, I think we're going away for awhile. With Courtney gone and Frances living with mom, I've just got too much stuff on my mind right now. I've talked to Dave and Krist and they both wanna do some other stuff.

MTV Reporter: Mr. Cobain, do you have any comment on rumors that Dave Grohl is thinking of starting his own band?

Cobain: I think it's cool. Dave recorded some songs awhile back, I thought they were good. And with Nirvana on a break it's not like we need to be together for anything. I'll definitely check out any albums he makes.

CNN Reporter: Is this a permanent break up?

Cobain: No, I don't think so. I just need some time to get my shit sorted out. This was a hell of a wake up call.

Hmmm, interesting. Since the thread title is from the name of a Sonic Youth album, are we going to see that band stay together, and not break up due to Thurston Moore's affair?

Teshuvah

Banned
Hmmm, interesting. Since the thread title is from the name of a Sonic Youth album, are we going to see that band stay together, and not break up due to Thurston Moore's affair?
All will be revealed ;)

On that note, mini-update...

DAVE GROHL RELEASES SOLO ALBUM FOR NEW BAND, EPONYMOUSLY TITLED "THE DRUMS"
31 Jan 1994

...commenting on the album from rehab, Cobain said it was "lighter" than Nirvana's work but said he enjoyed it, and that he looked forward to working with Dave Grohl once Nirvana reunited. Meanwhile, Krist Novoselic has been working with Sonic Youth on their new, as yet unnamed album...

"The Drums"
Release Date: 31 Jan 1994
Track listing:

1. Message from New York - 3:41

2. Alone + Easy Target - 3:59

3. Creme Brulee (Sonic Youth cover) - 3:01

4. For All the Cows - 3:25

5. Petrol CB - 2:58

6. Meanwhile - 3:01

7. Drummer - 3:33

8. Good Grief - 4:01

9. Weenie Beenie - 3:22

10. Goodbye Friend - 3:38

11. X-Static - 4:01

12. Beating Up Michael - 3:21

13. So Long, Reading - 2:59

KRIST NOVOSELIC TO JOIN "THE DRUMS" AS BASSIST: IS NIRVANA BREAKING UP?
12 Feb 1994

KURT COBAIN EMERGES FROM EXTENDED REHAB STAY: THE DRUMS STILL ON TOUR
20 Feb 1994

Are the Drums TTL Foo Fighters, or are they made up of different members?

Any TL where Cobain lives and Rock slows its decent that bagan with his death is cool in my book, interested to see where you take this.

Teshuvah

Banned
Are the Drums TTL Foo Fighters, or are they made up of different members?

Any TL where Cobain lives and Rock slows its decent that bagan with his death is cool in my book, interested to see where you take this.
Different members, since Sunny Day Real Estate hasn't dissolved yet. Not sure who they are; would be open to suggestions.