No W-An Alternate 2000s TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEXAS LEGISLATURE INTRODUCES ANTI-ABORTION LAW

Wall Street Journal, June 19, 2007

The Texas General Assembly has introduced a law that would make abortion illegal after the first trimester with an exception for cases where the mother's life is in danger.

Uh oh.

The problem is that the same people who support this are also against any form of prevention/contraception. As, such they want to have a cake and eat it to, or think that the woman's place is "in the kitchen and pregnant".

That is an oblique generalization. The fact of the matter is, the issue of abortion isn't black and white. There are people like Mario Cuomo (and me) who are personally pro-life but pro-choice in actual government policy, people who genuinely believe abortion is murder (including people who believe abortion should not be allowed but contraception is okay), and yes, people who believe women belong in the kitchen.

That is an oblique generalization. The fact of the matter is, the issue of abortion isn't black and white. There are people like Mario Cuomo (and me) who are personally pro-life but pro-choice in actual government policy, people who genuinely believe abortion is murder (including people who believe abortion should not be allowed but contraception is okay), and yes, people who believe women belong in the kitchen.
Exactly

Deleted member 96212

I didn't see anything on Virginia Tech. Was the shooting averted ITTL?

PROTESTS HELD OUTSIDE UNION CONGRESS

Haaretz, June 25, 2007

The first meeting of the Israel/Palestine Union Congress in Hebron was rocked with protests from both Israeli right-wingers and Palestinians opposed to the union.

Initially coming to protest the Congress, the two groups of demonstrators eventually turned on each other, resulting in at least 12 deaths and dozens of injuries before riot police intervened.

"...at least 12 deaths and dozens of injuries before riot police intervened."

Reads a bit like the riot police waited for some of the idiots to kill each other off before wading in...kind of quietly encouraging a biological solution to the problem ;)

I've done one tv tropes page for this.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/NoW

I hope to improve it soon.
You made my day. Thank you so much for this.

PROTESTS HELD OUTSIDE UNION CONGRESS

Haaretz, June 25, 2007

The first meeting of the Israel/Palestine Union Congress in Hebron was rocked with protests from both Israeli right-wingers and Palestinians opposed to the union.

Initially coming to protest the Congress, the two groups of demonstrators eventually turned on each other, resulting in at least 12 deaths and dozens of injuries before riot police intervened.
Well, no one expected this. (Feel French Sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.