PC: Could Mexico have gone the Brazil route for Independence?

This is just something that randomly popped into my head, and I unfortunately do not know enough of the history to know if there was ever a possibility for such but...

Was there any point in time where Mexico could have had a member of the Spanish Royal family take the crown and have it go it's own way from the Home Country? Would it have happened peacefully or would there have been bloodshed? What effect would this have on the course of things in North America if it had gone this route?

I believe I read somewhere that Carlos IV was heading for the coast to transfer over to New Spain (If France, as expected, invaded) when the Mutiny of Aranjuez happened. Carlos abdicated, then both he and Ferdinand allowed themselves to be duped into detainment by Napoleon, ending this POD.

During the Mexican Revolution, the crown was offered to any available Spanish Prince, but no one took up the offer.

There was a Mexican Empire, with Agustin de Iturbide as a constitutional Emperor till 1823

That's not the question though.

The question is if an actual Spanish Prince/Member of the reigning Ruling family dynasty could have taken the crown of an Independent Mexican Empire just as what happened with Brazil.

marathag

Banned
That's not the question though.

The question is if an actual Spanish Prince/Member of the reigning Ruling family dynasty could have taken the crown of an Independent Mexican Empire just as what happened with Brazil.

Considering the Spanish thought Mexico as being in Rebellion til 1829, no one in good graces of Ferdinand would have gone for being King/Emperor of Mexico