Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapsburg

Banned
@ Fenwick: Holy shit! Those look a lot like CGUA infantry from my sci-fi "Unionverse" universe!:eek:
The CGU's infantry look like this:
CGUAInfantryman.png

Leej said:
OOPart????
Out Of Place Artifact.

jinrock11qb.jpg

really?

Now here are picture from Steam Wars!

wreckoftravisphoto4sm.jpg

Final site of the American Steamrig "Grant" after it fell and "sat down" on San Jaun hill.

manualflat9sh.jpg

Rare manual of for a steamrig.

portcranesman5og.jpg

Controls for the port arm of a "Goliath" steam rig.

Well that is a picture of a costume I wear when i go paintballing with my friends. They are from Jin-Roh: the wolf brigade. It is an ATL where Post-occupation Japan had a series of terrorist groups. Because they could not build an army to fight these groups they made the capital police force. A paramilitary group.

A steam rig is the name given to the walking steam driven battle suits of the world. Pretty much think fire power of a battle ship, that can walk on land.

Hapsburg

Banned
Yes, that does look like the CGU's infantry. For one, how I orginally designed the CGU troops, they had goggle-like vision equipment as part of the helmet, but I replaced that with a polarized face lens. For another thing, the CGU infantry wear stahlhelm-like helmet atop their helms. Also, CGU inf. use large-bore projectile weapons as standard-issue rifles, due to their usage of powered armor. All of these remind me of your "capitol infantry". Yours look cool in their own right, as well.

Fenwick said:
Well that is a picture of a costume I wear when i go paintballing with my friends. They are from Jin-Roh: the wolf brigade. It is an ATL where Post-occupation Japan had a series of terrorist groups. Because they could not build an army to fight these groups they made the capital police force. A paramilitary group.

A steam rig is the name given to the walking steam driven battle suits of the world. Pretty much think fire power of a battle ship, that can walk on land.
That's you and your friends with the cool jin-roh costume? :eek:
Always wondered about that....cool.

Hapsburg

Banned
Floid said:
Why are those futuristic soldiers using WW2 German weapons?
You kiddin'? German WW2 weapons own. MG41 is still considered one of the best machine-guns ever made. Ever.

Hapsburg

Banned
Chris Oakley said:
Actually, it looks more like a Hurricane judging by the shape of the tail.
Oh, who cares? It's fighter plane. They all do the same thing.

Another portrait. This time, from my Glory of the Empire story (which I'm half finished writing).
emperorvandoxthegreatel6.png

Holy Roman Emperor Vandox I, the Great. Of Germany and Italy, King, Duke-Elector of Eisenach, and Count of the Saale.

Hapsburg

Banned
Six days and nothing? Tsk-tsk.
Anyway...from my SotS timeline.
emperorgeorgeicoronationzi9.png

A "portrait" of Emperor George I of America, in his Imperial Coronation robes immediately after his coronation. He is shown in the ceremonial armor of the Emperor, wearing the Imperial Wreath Crown, and holding the Staff of Jove and the Scepter of Justice, with the ceremonial Sword of Liberty sheathed.

Yes, he is milking the romans quite a lot.:D But remember, America was founded on neoclassical and enlightenment principles, which drew heavily from the Greeks and from the Romans.

Hapsburg said:
Another portrait. This time, from my Glory of the Empire story (which I'm half finished writing).
*snipped image
Holy Roman Emperor Vandox I, the Great. Of Germany and Italy, King, Duke-Elector of Eisenach, and Count of the Saale.

And what sort of product does the Emperor use to maintain his hair? :p ;)

superbas.gif

Filipino heavy cruiser Basilan upon completion, early 1934.

Twelve 210mm guns and a host of secondary and tertiary weapons. 13,000tons standard, 32 knots. Laid down in Manila Naval Yard, 1933.

Status
Not open for further replies.