I’m thinking about a scenario in which the Belgian Revolution never happened.

But I was thinking: what will happen to the Boers, the Great Trek and the Boer Wars if this occured. With a Belgian Revolution which never happens, the United Kingdom of the Netherlands stays alive and become a (middle)great power. With this POD, what would change to the Boers, Great Trek and Boer Wars?

raharris1973

Gone Fishin'
Some trekking away from central authority may happen just because of a dislike of anybody's central authority, even Dutch.

I’m thinking about a scenario in which the Belgian Revolution never happened.

But I was thinking: what will happen to the Boers, the Great Trek and the Boer Wars if this occured. With a Belgian Revolution which never happens, the United Kingdom of the Netherlands stays alive and become a (middle)great power. With this POD, what would change to the Boers, Great Trek and Boer Wars?
Since the Dutch only got the Southern Netherlands as "compensation" for losing South Africa/Ceylon, the POD's too late. The Dutch king refused to even entertain a petition from the Boers (at Natal) to a sort of "protectorate".

The only way the Belgian Revolution never happens is if they never get joined with the Dutch in the first place. And even a less absolutist Willem I isn't going to change the poor economic situation, the bad harvests and the poor unemployment scenario of the Netherlands in the 1820s.