The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

I... I played as Nixon in 1960. As a hardcore pro-civil rights and "heir to Eisenhower" candidate. 314 EVs and 49.8% of the popular vote. JFK won 209 EVs and 49.7% of the popular vote, while Byrd won 0.5% of the PV.

I won Texas (51.1 to 48.9), Florida (51 to 49), Virginia (51.2 to 48.8), Tennessee (52.3 to 47.7), Kentucky (51.9 to 48.1). I lost Wisconsin (50.4 to 49.6), West Virginia (50.5 to 49.5), Delaware (50.6 to 49.4), New Jersey (50.7 to 49.3), South Carolina (51 to 49), North Carolina (51.6 to 48.4), and Illinois (51.2 to 48.8).

The highest Kennedy percentage was in Rhode Island (62.8 to 37.2). The highest Nixon win was Nebraska (59.1 to 40.9).

1693187233030.png

Post your worst losses. Ultra-liberal Kennedy/Symington still somehow managed to capture Georgia just fine
Now having done a radical abolitionist Lincoln/Cassius Clay run, perhaps I should try some ultra-conservative campaigns.
Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 2.55.11 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 2.56.19 PM.png

This game isn't very fun as a historically winning candidate because you're pretty much railroaded into taking on historical positions.

Screenshot 2023-08-29 160917.jpg

Theresa May gets her mandate and much more!
  • Conservatives: +10.6% PV Swing and +112 Seat Change
  • Labour: -1.6% PV Swing and -62 Seat Change
  • Liberal Democrats: -0.2% PV Swing and 0 Seat Change
  • SNP: -2.5% PV Swing and -49 Seat Change

Last edited:
I... I played as Nixon in 1960. As a hardcore pro-civil rights and "heir to Eisenhower" candidate. 314 EVs and 49.8% of the popular vote. JFK won 209 EVs and 49.7% of the popular vote, while Byrd won 0.5% of the PV.

I won Texas (51.1 to 48.9), Florida (51 to 49), Virginia (51.2 to 48.8), Tennessee (52.3 to 47.7), Kentucky (51.9 to 48.1). I lost Wisconsin (50.4 to 49.6), West Virginia (50.5 to 49.5), Delaware (50.6 to 49.4), New Jersey (50.7 to 49.3), South Carolina (51 to 49), North Carolina (51.6 to 48.4), and Illinois (51.2 to 48.8).

The highest Kennedy percentage was in Rhode Island (62.8 to 37.2). The highest Nixon win was Nebraska (59.1 to 40.9).

View attachment 852687

Oh yeah. I’ve found that the best way to win as Nixon in 1960 is to go full Rockefeller Republican, including picking Rocky himself as your running mate. Go all-in on supporting civil rights, praise Eisenhower and his policies as much as possible, and show Ike-style moderation on economic issues, and focus your campaigning on New York, Illinois, and California, and you get results in which Nixon sweeps all of the north and the west, while JFK only picks up all of the former Confederacy, plus Massachusetts. Party of Lincoln reborn!!!

Last edited:
I am proud to have not played a single Campaign Trail mod. One, because I am too lazy to seek them out and download them to my computer. Two, this mod scene sounds as Discord-Reddit-zoomer brained as the HOI IV community.

I have no idea what they're talking about with this drama but I don't like it.

I for one am always for more content but it gets to a point where you really start to question the plausibility of alternate history from these kids

I am proud to have not played a single Campaign Trail mod. One, because I am too lazy to seek them out and download them to my computer. Two, this mod scene sounds as Discord-Reddit-zoomer brained as the HOI IV community.

I have no idea what they're talking about with this drama but I don't like it.

I for one am always for more content but it gets to a point where you really start to question the plausibility of alternate history from these kids
73kb0j.jpg

Uh . . . You do know that mods aren't downloaded, right? All you need to do is go to the website and click the mod loader. After that, you click the select button on the mod you want and then, click the load button. It's just a few clicks.

When it comes to the quality of althist mods, it really comes down to whoever makes the mod in question, just like any althist timeline on this forum. There are mods with a good althist premise, but not so good writing and visa versa. There are also mods that fail at both and mods that succeed at both.

Uh . . . You do know that mods aren't downloaded, right? All you need to do is go to the website and click the mod loader. After that, you click the select button on the mod you want and then, click the load button. It's just a few clicks.
I am going to tell this to him too,and look I am lazy too lol.