The Excellent Queen(Juana I of Castile timeline)

The rise of the Queen Juana I
On 1469, Edward IV’s first wife, Elizabeth Woodville would die of Puerperal fever, she has given birth to three daughters already, Princess Elizabeth, Anne and Cecily, Edward IV’s men would search for a bride and Alfonso V would want to secure an alliance with England and would want to marry one of his relatives to a King and Eleanor of Viseu was chosen as the Bride of Edward IV.

The marriage would strengthen the claims of the yorks after the death of the Lancastrian heir in Tewkesbury as Eleanor arrived on 1471 after a lengthy wait However, Henry IV of Castile would use it to strengthen the claims of his daughter Joanna as he married her to John II of Portugal on 1476 and banished the supporters of his sister Isabel in his kingdom as she married without his permission, Henry IV would survive until 1490, as he is happy to see his own daughter secure her own succession, now, she is the wife of Charles VIII of France but her son Alfonso(May 2, 1476) with John of Portugal who died on 1482 and Isabel of Aragon was forced to have her name sake daughter, Isabel marry Alfonso of Portugal, the later Alfonso VI as arranged by Henry IV of Castile, Isabel of Aragon would be angry at this match and would be forced to bow.

Juana I of Castile would have two children with John of Portugal, namely, Alfonso(May 2, 1476) and Juana(May 2, 1480), Juana would be picked to be betrothed to Maximilian to improve ties between Portugal and Austria and also two children with Charles VIII of France, namely, Louis(June 2, 1484) and Anne of France(May 4, 1491).

Last edited:
The Vengeful Queen
On 1482, the husband of Eleanor of Viseu, Edward IV would die as well as her son, Edward(May 2, 1475) on the same year due to mysterious reasons and her daughter, Anne(December 2, 1473) would be her only daughter that would survive, she would quickly arrange a betrothal between her brother, Manuel, Duke of Beja and her stepdaughter, Elizabeth of York who was crowned as Elizabeth, consort of Manuel I, the former duke of Beja and the now king of England, the marriage would be successful and she would block the machinations of her brothers in law, Richard of Gloucester and George, Duke of Clarence declared as traitors to the realm and sent to the tower along with their sons, Edward of Middleham and Warwick as they were said by her peers as the ones who killed her own son, later they would all be executed by her brother on 1499 to secure a marriage of their eldest son, Edward, Prince of Wales(September 20, 1486) to Catherine of Aragon.

On the same year, Eleanor of Viseu would arrange her daughter, Anne’s match to Archduke Maximilian, the son of Emperor Frederick III, he already have two living sons, Archduke Philip and Archduke Francis and one daughter, Margaret, Anne would be the wife who would be crowned as Holy Roman Empress and not his first bride, Mary of Burgundy and her stepdaughter Cecily would marry James IV.

Last edited:
The Winner takes everything
On the coronation of Juana I of Castile, she would have her daughter in law, Isabel of Aragon and her mother Isabel, consort of Aragon watch, she would also secure the match between her other son, Louis and Maria of Aragon as well on 1493 to secure Rousillon and Cerdagne to France, destroying the hope of the match with Margaret of Burgundy which will anger Archduke Maximilian forcing him to ally with her rival Isabel and marry Margaret to Juan of Aragon and Juana of Aragon to Philip IV of Burgundy effectively nullifying but the marriage plans with Juana would not last as Juan would die on 1498 forcing Margaret of Burgundy to return and Juana of Portugal would now be married to Vladislaus II of Bohemia and Hungary.

On 1495, when Alfonso V of Portugal died and her son, Alfonso VI rose, Juana I of Castile would make him the co-monarch of Castile, ousting her husband Charles VIII of France from his position.

On 1502, Edward, the son of Elizabeth of York and Manuel I of England would die and their son Henry would initially be betrothed again to Catherine of Aragon but both Eleanor of Viseu and Juana I of Castile would have her second daughter Anne of France married to Henry, the new Prince of Wales, which would be the other victory of Queen Juana against her rival and aunt Isabel, consort of Aragon.

Last edited:
Fates of Isabel and Catherine
On 1490 Isabel, the Queen consort of Aragon would be sad as her daughter already married the future King of Portugal and Juana has an edge to her, if her son in law dies, Castile will now be under the rule of France effectively surrounding Aragon with a hostile force of France and Castile as Queen Joanna is now the Queen of France and Castile and her two sons are her heirs.

On 1503, Catherine of Aragon has returned to Castile, rejected by Henry, the son of Manuel I of England and Elizabeth of York, now Isabella would have her offered to another man, Archduke Francis looked so tempting for her daughter, Catherine but he would refuse the offer of Naples for the price of Milan and Bari so that he would marry Bona Sforza as Juana I of Castile’s husband as his father wants him to rule Milan, he would not accept the Neapolitan offer of Ferdinand of Aragon as Charles VIII is fighting with Ferdinand on regarding the fate of Naples and Catherine of Aragon would end up marrying Sigismund the Old of Poland bearing a daughter named Hedwig on May 10, 1512 and dying on 1513.