West/East Germany trade w USSR?

I'm trying to find data analyzing West German-USSR economic ties before 1990. Both "natural" business ones (German finished goods for Soviet raw materials) as well as any that might be part of the Ostpolitik (in case West Germany did "sweetheart" deals). I can only find post 1990. I'm OK with digging thru archives and such, but have no luck finding any leads. Have any of you heard of anything? Thanks!

Since i'm asking one, might as well ask 2 questions. asking, does anyone have leads for detailed East Germany- Soviet trade? Worried it would need to be broken into 2 groups as well, "solidarity" (sweetheart) deals, versus business motivated ones.

Trade in the 70's and 80's was flourishing. Most sources I could give you are german. But especially in the fields of Agriculture, Construction, and Machinery there were a lot of trade deals. And West-Germany used the GDR and the Sovjiet Union as a modern China, for cheap products. There was a scandal two years ago when documents came out which sayed that IKEA used slave labour in the GDR for producing furniture. My Parents were on a exchange trip in Leningrad organiced by the west German HWK in 78..

Trade in the 70's and 80's was flourishing. Most sources I could give you are german. But especially in the fields of Agriculture, Construction, and Machinery there were a lot of trade deals. And West-Germany used the GDR and the Sovjiet Union as a modern China, for cheap products. There was a scandal two years ago when documents came out which sayed that IKEA used slave labour in the GDR for producing furniture. My Parents were on a exchange trip in Leningrad organiced by the west German HWK in 78..

German sources work, if you don't mind. And thanks tremendously!