So in our world Queen Isabella of Castile gave birth to twins in 1482. One was Maria of Aragon and the second a stillborn. But what if instead of Maria being the twin, Catherine was and that stillborn was in fact a healthy boy named Ferdinand? How would things go on? Might Henry VII of England favor a double match with Arthur marrying Catherine and Margaret Tudor marrying Ferdinand? Let's assume Arthur dies as otl and Henry VIII marries Catherine, but they have the same luck with children as they did in otl. Would Ferdinand just let Henry treat his twin so badly and divorce her and split with the church or might there be an analogue to the Spanish armada?

So, assuming that Juan, Juan's daughter, Isabel jr, and miguel da paz all are born and die as iotl, I think isabella of castile is likely to live a little longer ittl, at least long enough for catherine to marry henry viii in 1505 (this of course assumes that arthur doesn't die because butterflies). I think ferdinand jr would likely marry to germaine of foix in place of his father, as henry vii needs margaret to marry in scotland to secure the treaty of perpetual peace.

As far as henry and catherine still getting a divorce, i would bet that they have at least one living son ittl. probably just one, maybe two, but it's really a game of chance and you can bet that henry isn't going to be divorcing catherine if there's a legitimate son in the picture. of course, i don't subscribe to the theory that the english reformation happened only because of henry so religious developments there could still get...interesting.

I think ferdinand jr would likely marry to germaine of foix in place of his father, as henry vii needs margaret to marry in scotland to secure the treaty of perpetual peace.
True. Maybe Henry VII and Elizabeth have an alt daughter who they can marry to Ferdinand. If that doesn’t happen Germaine is the most likely option for a Wife for Ferdinand jr.

So in our world Queen Isabella of Castile gave birth to twins in 1482. One was Maria of Aragon and the second a stillborn. But what if instead of Maria being the twin, Catherine was and that stillborn was in fact a healthy boy named Ferdinand? How would things go on? Might Henry VII of England favor a double match with Arthur marrying Catherine and Margaret Tudor marrying Ferdinand? Let's assume Arthur dies as otl and Henry VIII marries Catherine, but they have the same luck with children as they did in otl. Would Ferdinand just let Henry treat his twin so badly and divorce her and split with the church or might there be an analogue to the Spanish armada?
You are going too far away with it. If Catherine had a brother, he would most likely marry a princess of Navarre (Madeleine, if she lived, or Catherine, if Ferdinand can get her, more than Anna who was a dwarf or also Germaine). Margaret Tudor will still go in Scotland as that was Henry VII’s priority and Navarre was Ferdinand’s. If Catherine had a brother she and Henry VIII would be married in 1505 or 1506 at the latest and likely get more luck with children as Catherine will NOT have the chance to damage her body with her intense religion.

Henry and Catherine are going to marry earlier, because Eleanor of Austria Isn't better alternative for Henry ITTL. After death of Juan of Asturias, Isabella Jr and Miguel da Paz Philip Habsburg and Juana la Loca became heirs of Castilian throne and thus their daughter Eleanor was seen as better candidate for daughter-in-law by Henry VII. If CoA has another brother that is not going to happen.

Joanna of Aragon- Naples would be another good candidate for a boy born in 1482 (she would be six years older than a twin of Catherine, so that still work) as soon she is widowed as that would help Ferdinand to add Naples to his domains (he disliked the branch of Naples as they descended from his uncle’s bastard son)

So, assuming that Juan, Juan's daughter, Isabel jr, and miguel da paz all are born and die as iotl, I think isabella of castile is likely to live a little longer ittl, at least long enough for catherine to marry henry viii in 1505 (this of course assumes that arthur doesn't die because butterflies). I think ferdinand jr would likely marry to germaine of foix in place of his father, as henry vii needs margaret to marry in scotland to secure the treaty of perpetual peace.

You are going too far away with it. If Catherine had a brother, he would most likely marry a princess of Navarre (Madeleine, if she lived, or Catherine, if Ferdinand can get her, more than Anna who was a dwarf or also Germaine). Margaret Tudor will still go in Scotland as that was Henry VII’s priority and Navarre was Ferdinand’s. If Catherine had a brother she and Henry VIII would be married in 1505 or 1506 at the latest and likely get more luck with children as Catherine will NOT have the chance to damage her body with her intense religion.

Henry and Catherine are going to marry earlier, because Eleanor of Austria Isn't better alternative for Henry ITTL. After death of Juan of Asturias, Isabella Jr and Miguel da Paz Philip Habsburg and Juana la Loca became heirs of Castilian throne and thus their daughter Eleanor was seen as better candidate for daughter-in-law by Henry VII. If CoA has another brother that is not going to happen.
True I forgot to take into account an earlier marriage for Henry and Catherine. Also Isabella Jr could be butterflied into surviving here.

True I forgot to take into account an earlier marriage for Henry and Catherine. Also Isabella Jr could be butterflied into surviving here.
Another thing could be that her first husband survives....there were rumors that ferdinand of aragon ordered afonso of portugal's death to keep the boy from inheriting spain, this could well be butterflied if isabel jr has another brother.

True a match closer to Spain is more likely. Maybe butterflies could make Anne of Navarre healthier and not have any brothers so she becomes Queen? Germaine is also a close follow up choice, but she won’t become of value till 1499 and even then there are more prestigious matches. Isabella might also veto it due to her anti French stance.
Joanna of Aragon- Naples would be another good candidate for a boy born in 1482 (she would be six years older than a twin of Catherine, so that still work) as soon she is widowed as that would help Ferdinand to add Naples to his domains (he disliked the branch of Naples as they descended from his uncle’s bastard son)
that’s a good one! She would help with Spanish interests in Naples and his close enough in age to Ferdinand jr.

True a match closer to Spain is more likely. Maybe butterflies could make Anne of Navarre healthier and not have any brothers so she becomes Queen? Germaine is also a close follow up choice, but she won’t become of value till 1499 and even then there are more prestigious matches. Isabella might also veto it due to her anti French stance.

that’s a good one! She would help with Spanish interests in Naples and his close enough in age to Ferdinand jr.
Germaine is still a princess of Navarre, daughter of a claimant and older than her cousin’s daughters. Anne can be sent in convent and Madeleine/Catherine crowned once married to Ferdinand.

Another thing could be that her first husband survives....there were rumors that ferdinand of aragon ordered afonso of portugal's death to keep the boy from inheriting spain, this could well be butterflied if isabel jr has another brother.
Never heard of that one before. But if Alfonso of Portugal lives what happens to Manuel?

Germaine is still a princess of Navarre, daughter of a claimant and older than her cousin’s daughters. Anne can be sent in convent and Madeleine/Catherine crowned once married to Ferdinand.
True, but might Catherine of Navarre be a bit too old for Ferdinand. I personally fee Joanna of Aragon would be a good pick followed by one of the Navarrese Infantas/claimants.

the catherine of navarre in the quoted post is the daughter of the catherine of navarre who was queen and born in 1470. this catherine was born in 1495.
Oh okay sorry about that. That Catherine could work though after John dies I feel like Isabella might want to marry Ferdinand jr sooner.

Oh okay sorry about that. That Catherine could work though after John dies I feel like Isabella might want to marry Ferdinand jr sooner.
That is likely, but if Catherine were to come with the crown of navarre then i think isabella and ferdinand would resign themselves to waiting.

Not if Ferdinand is strong and healthy. If his parents are unwilling to wait for an Albret princess of Navarre then Germaine of Foix (who is also a princess of Navarre) or Giovanna of Naples (who is niece of Ferdinand of Aragon) are the only plausible choices

Not if Ferdinand is strong and healthy. If his parents are unwilling to wait for an Albret princess of Navarre then Germaine of Foix (who is also a princess of Navarre) or Giovanna of Naples (who is niece of Ferdinand of Aragon) are the only plausible choices
I suppose, but John's death could make them want to marry him sooner just in case. But then again as @curlyhairedhippie said if Catherine comes with the Navarrese crown Isabella and Ferdinand would probably be willing to wait.

I suppose, but John's death could make them want to marry him sooner just in case. But then again as @curlyhairedhippie said if Catherine comes with the Navarrese crown Isabella and Ferdinand would probably be willing to wait.
A surviving Madeleine would be a year older than her sister and the girl was already in Ferdinan’s hands. If they want an older bride Germaine (born 1488) would bring a decent claim to Navarre (who is the only one of his objectives to which Ferdinand has no blood claim). In alternative Giovanna of Naples, who is both princess and Dowager Queen of Naples AND niece of Ferdinand II (and was born in 1479)