I keep thinking about the Russian orphan Biserka who was found in the crater left by the Tunguska event, but the Tunguska event was an airburst and so it never left a crater. It's a weird nitpick but one that I can't rid myself of.

I keep thinking about the Russian orphan Biserka who was found in the crater left by the Tunguska event, but the Tunguska event was an airburst and so it never left a crater. It's a weird nitpick but one that I can't rid myself of.
That could very well just be another of the little differences in this world, like Benjamin Franklin dying early.

She may have also been found in the epicenter, with the term crater becoming part of general propaganda

That could very well just be another of the little differences in this world, like Benjamin Franklin dying early.

We'll go with this answer.

Because I am dumb. Lmao

ALSO

IMPORTANT NEWS

Meat Mountain Mythos, in the ASB members-only part of this forum (it's free to join please join us) is likely going to become a sort of "WMIT 3.0."

It's not going to be called WMIT.

It's a completely new timeline.

But.

There are going to be a LOT of familiar faces returning. If you like WMIT, you'll like MMM. It will also repackage a lot of my ideas from my ASB lore called "Black Spires." The best comparison is that it will have as much in common with WMIT as Bioshock Infinite has in common with Bioshock 1-2. "There's always a light house. Always a girl."

It's going to be much more streamlined, focused, and plot driven. But it will amp up with WMIT horror comedy vibes to 1000. WMIT is not "ended" or anything. If you don't read MMM but read WMIT, great. But I really really hope you guys give it a shot.

A brief teaser to lure you in: Abraham Lincoln is sacrificed by Albert Pike, a Confederate warlock. The famed alchemist Count St. Germain pulls Lincoln's soul from Hell, and it craves Rebel blood. General William "Uncle Billy" Sherman goes full "Heart of Darkness" and begins to worship "Long Lincoln the Tall Father," Abe's twisted ethereal form, and so does the Army of the Potomac. Sherman is thus the Mythos version of Burr, but different.

There is also going to be a gateway to Hollow Earth, cryptids, immortal alchemists, insane c u l t s, Stonewall Jackson going full bandito in Mexico, the Mormon Jubilee Kingdom, the Fraternal Order of Ghouls (FOG) under not-Woodrow-Wilson Governor Beauregard "Bo" Gooch, the Gamble family, there is a Mormon family called Hendrick, FACE MASK HOLYFIELD, and SPUD, tons of thicc company and local lore, andddd... See what I'm doing?

Please. Give it a shot. I know readership will go down because some non-members who read WMIT won't make an account to read Mythos on the members-only section of this forum, but I am gonna try to create something truly special and creatively unbound for ME. I need to get in a positive creative headspace and just give WMIT a break. Mythos will be even MORE full of surrealist, absurdist, pulp fiction, and it would mean the most to me if everyone gives it a shot. It's still a lil poopy baby I am figuring out, but I am ready to double-down on it, and I think it is the future of my fiction writing career.

LINK: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/meat-mountain-mythos-book-i.548607/

53458252544_9a748c8114_c.jpg

received_737634664791967.jpeg

received_421843306879710.jpeg

received_1376981109689064.jpeg

received_2608646385967926.jpeg

received_1303621187154774.jpeg

53370290985_cd30e1f014_c (1).jpg

53453544242_114a4020e2_c (1).jpg

received_1048541142886680.jpeg

received_707087201584370.jpeg

Last edited:
We'll go with this answer.

Because I am dumb. Lmao

ALSO

IMPORTANT NEWS

Meat Mountain Mythos, in the ASB members-only part of this forum (it's free to join please join us) is likely going to become a sort of "WMIT 3.0."

It's not going to be called WMIT.

It's a completely new timeline.

But.

There are going to be a LOT of familiar faces returning. If you like WMIT, you'll like MMM. It will also repackage a lot of my ideas from my ASB lore called "Black Spires." The best comparison is that it will have as much in common with WMIT as Bioshock Infinite has in common with Bioshock 1-2. "There's always a light house. Always a girl."

It's going to be much more streamlined, focused, and plot driven. But it will amp up with WMIT horror comedy vibes to 1000. WMIT is not "ended" or anything. If you don't read MMM but read WMIT, great. But I really really hope you guys give it a shot.

A brief teaser to lure you in: Abraham Lincoln is sacrificed by Albert Pike, a Confederate warlock. The famed alchemist Count St. Germain pulls Lincoln's soul from Hell, and it craves Rebel blood. General William "Uncle Billy" Sherman goes full "Heart of Darkness" and begins to worship "Long Lincoln the Tall Father," Abe's twisted ethereal form, and so does the Army of the Potomac. Sherman is thus the Mythos version of Burr, but different.

There is also going to be a gateway to Hollow Earth, cryptids, immortal alchemists, insane c u l t s, Stonewall Jackson going full bandito in Mexico, the Mormon Jubilee Kingdom, the Fraternal Order of Ghouls (FOG) under not-Woodrow-Wilson Governor Beauregard "Bo" Gooch, the Gamble family, there is a Mormon family called Hendrick, FACE MASK HOLYFIELD, and SPUD, tons of thicc company and local lore, andddd... See what I'm doing?

Please. Give it a shot. I know readership will go down because some non-members who read WMIT won't make an account to read Mythos on the members-only section of this forum, but I am gonna try to create something truly special and creatively unbound for ME. I need to get in a positive creative headspace and just give WMIT a break. Mythos will be even MORE full of surrealist, absurdist, pulp fiction, and it would mean the most to me if everyone gives it a shot. It's still a lil poopy baby I am figuring out, but I am ready to double-down on it, and I think it is the future of my fiction writing career.

LINK: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/meat-mountain-mythos-book-i.548607/

View attachment 892670

View attachment 892654

View attachment 892655

View attachment 892656

View attachment 892657

View attachment 892658

View attachment 892664

View attachment 892665

View attachment 892669

View attachment 892671
HE LIVES!!!!!!
So, basically MMM is "WMiT, but all the supernatural stuff is actually real and not just an elaborate international fever dream"?
I'll probably check it out.

HE LIVES!!!!!!
So, basically MMM is "WMiT, but all the supernatural stuff is actually real and not just an elaborate international fever dream"?
I'll probably check it out.

You are thinking along the right lines, yup! Last night I mapped the entire timeline out. I hope it turns out how I picture it in my head, because it is incredibly dope in my head. Lol I really hope you check it out, because it means a lot to have people read my stuff.

So in what direction will WMIT go now, given that MMM is supposed to surpass it in madness and the like? Will be a "WMIT is non-supernatural madness, MMM is actual supernatural madness" deal? In that case, it could be a good release valve for whatever ideas you had that were too ASBish for WMIT.

I'm worried about it, though. If I'm not mistaken you intend to run these two big epic and long TLs at the same time (with rests for one or the other, but still), one of which you show a clear preference for. They also share a lot of points, beats, names and themes, so aside from the magic element and the ideologies they don't have much that distinguishes them from each other. IMO, it doesn't seem feasible, and it looks like you will eventually drop unfinished one and just focus on the other.

So in what direction will WMIT go now, given that MMM is supposed to surpass it in madness and the like? Will be a "WMIT is non-supernatural madness, MMM is actual supernatural madness" deal? In that case, it could be a good release valve for whatever ideas you had that were too ASBish for WMIT.

I'm worried about it, though. If I'm not mistaken you intend to run these two big epic and long TLs at the same time (with rests for one or the other, but still), one of which you show a clear preference for. They also share a lot of points, beats, names and themes, so aside from the magic element and the ideologies they don't have much that distinguishes them from each other. IMO, it doesn't seem feasible, and it looks like you will eventually drop unfinished one and just focus on the other.
Ye of little faith! Repent before The Tall-Father smites thee!

You are thinking along the right lines, yup! Last night I mapped the entire timeline out. I hope it turns out how I picture it in my head, because it is incredibly dope in my head. Lol I really hope you check it out, because it means a lot to have people read my stuff.
Shall we Marvel at the Mystifying Madness of the Meat Mountain Mythos?
😛😁

Absolutely fair. Hopefully, that will not happen! Regardless of anything, I know WMIT has built a solid legacy I am very proud of and will not be forgotten. I just need a break from that continuity after so long. I do not plan on becoming George R. R. Martin. Lmao

Also, I am holding most of my cards for MMM at this point. It is going to be absolutely bananas to the extreme degree, and it will drastically differ from WMIT as it moves along.

Absolutely fair. Hopefully, that will not happen! Regardless of anything, I know WMIT has built a solid legacy I am very proud of and will not be forgotten. I just need a break from that continuity after so long. I do not plan on becoming George R. R. Martin. Lmao

Also, I am holding most of my cards for MMM at this point. It is going to be absolutely bananas to the extreme degree, and it will drastically differ from WMIT as it moves along.
I hope so for both points.

Two questions:

What happened with Black Spires in the end?

Any plans for a WMIT update at some point in the future? It's been long since the last time.