So there will be a clash of generations between the steelists and pinnacles. The steelists will favor traditional business suits and ties, wood paneling, plush carpets in classical styles. The pinnacles will more daring suit and dress cuts, different materials, furniture in bohemian and Scandinavian styles.

HEADCANON: Rudolf Hohenzollern's children, Oswald and Ophelia Hohenzollern are the result of a previous marriage involving Rudolf's wife and another man, explaining why they are simultaneously able to be his children (despite his birth in 1944) and produce music from the Late 1960s and 1970s.

Does anyone know if Smedley Butler has ever been mentioned in Madness? He's one of the goats of American history and I feel like he would fit perfectly in the timeline.

Does anyone know if Smedley Butler has ever been mentioned in Madness? He's one of the goats of American history and I feel like he would fit perfectly in the timeline.
He hasn't. I could see him fighting during the Great World War against the Californians, only to slowly get more and more discontented with Steele's iron control over the army group fighting there. Postwar he gets even more discouraged with how land in California is being taken from American settlers and given to oil barons. At this point he decides to leave the RU for Berlin, where he presumably earns the ire of Steele enough for him to get assassinated.

He hasn't. I could see him fighting during the Great World War against the Californians, only to slowly get more and more discontented with Steele's iron control over the army group fighting there. Postwar he gets even more discouraged with how land in California is being taken from American settlers and given to oil barons. At this point he decides to leave the RU for Berlin, where he presumably earns the ire of Steele enough for him to get assassinated.
I would love to see him as an Illuminist expat, but maybe that's just because I love the Loomies

I would love to see him as an Illuminist expat, but maybe that's just because I love the Loomies
What I was thinking with my post was that he got disillusioned with the RU and Steele not because they were bible thumping genocidal maniacs, but because he disliked Steele's iron grip on power and how veterans were being exploited. It was not because the RU were genocidal religious maniacs.

Though I suppose it would be nice to have Butler be one of the few characters in the Madness Verse who recognizes just how screwed up their world is.

What I was thinking with my post was that he got disillusioned with the RU and Steele not because they were bible thumping genocidal maniacs, but because he disliked Steele's iron grip on power and how veterans were being exploited. It was not because the RU were genocidal religious maniacs.

Though I suppose it would be nice to have Butler be one of the few characters in the Madness Verse who recognizes just how screwed up their world is.
That was what I loved most about the time that Mark Twain was briefly mentioned: he was an expat living in Ireland, one of the greatest American figures yet uncorrupted by the Madness. It's rare but always really refreshing to get even just a glimpse of a beloved person like Twain being sane instead of everyone just being genocidal maniacs.

In my alternate history novel "Il Diavolo Senza Corna" (in Italian, alas, its English translation by myself only covers one fourth as of now) Smedley Butler is an important figure, recurring in some chapters.

IDEA: In the 1.0 Chapter HIGH TREASON, LBJ planned to declare himself the reincarnation of Aaron Burr and reinstate the New Jerusalem, but was ultimately assassinated by order of Oswald. Perhaps in 2.0, Sweeney Ericson could declare himself the reincarnation of Aaron Burr instead, justifying his Necrotic Manuscript as a lost writing of the Prophet Burr and playing into the Biblical idea of the 2 witnesses of Revelation (the other "witness" being the Second Prophet Graham). For added irony, have Franklin M. Johnson be his rival in 2.0.