WI: Great Anglo-Saxon Migration to the British Isles, AngloSaxons conquer Ireland, Scottish Lowlands

Basically as the tin says, what if more Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Frisians, et al, had migrated into the British Isles prompting a conquest of the Scottish Lowlands and Ireland? I think the Highlands and Wales might be too mountainous but if those are possible conquests as well, we can discuss what even more Anglo-Saxon kingdoms in the Isles will do for British history

Northumbria at its greatest extent included what is now Edinburgh as its north most settlement so Lowland Scotland is practical , Wales the Marches and coastal areas can be taken just as happened in Medieval times. The central Massif would be harder but its not that populated and similar to OTL can be reduced over time. Early Saxons are better sailors than the later ones so the Scottish islands and Highland coast are up for grabs. Again whats left is harder to occupy but like in Wales it has relatively low population and without access to the coast can be reduced over time.

Ireland is harder without cavalry but as the Irish will be lighter equipped doable. So you can see the whole British Isles going Saxon controlled over a period. Going on OTL this will start as a large number of kingdoms but gradually consolidate, say to 8 before the Danes turn up. Assuming the Danes are driven back then the effort probably caused a consolidation to a single realm but one with stability issues. However once the idea of a single Saxon realm has taken route, the claimants will be after taking the whole not permanently splitting it apart.

Basically as the tin says, what if more Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Frisians, et al, had migrated into the British Isles prompting a conquest of the Scottish Lowlands and Ireland? I think the Highlands and Wales might be too mountainous but if those are possible conquests as well, we can discuss what even more Anglo-Saxon kingdoms in the Isles will do for British history

They did take the Lowlands in our timeline. That's why Scots is a Germanic language.

They did take the Lowlands in our timeline. That's why Scots is a Germanic language.

I was going to to say, was this meant to be a DBWI?

Not all of the Lowlands were settled by the Anglo-Saxons

Scottish_Highlands_and_Lowlands.png

angleskingdoms.gif

Not to mention the Kings of Scotland wound up being very influenced by Normano-English culture. Scots became the defacto language of Scotland over Gaelic or Cumbric, and the Kings of Scotland following the Norman conquest were Anglo-Saxons maternally.

I thought Scot was a irish launguage hence the Scot tribe in ireland

The Scottish get their name from an Irish tribe, but Scots is a Germanic language/English variant. Gaelic is the Celtic language in Scotland.

If you want it more precisely Scots is a contraction of Scottis which means Scottish. It used to be called Inglis which meant English i.e. language of the Angles.
The reason it changed was because they were in/of Scotland not England.