WI: Morocco wishes to become a US state?

I recently remembered reading about how Morocco and the US have had very good relations dating back from the founding of the country or shortly after it, and had a very weird and random idea pop into my head.

Moving aside the likely improbaility of it, what might the response be in the US or elsewhere if Morocco expressed an interest in becoming a state of the new USA? And what might follow if it did by some chance become a US state or several? What effects would it have on both America and Morocco itself?

Before 1900?
USA: Morocco you are 95% Muslim aren't you?
Morocco: Yes.
USA: You are also Afro-Arab in majority arent you?
Morocco: Yes.
USA: your request has been rejected.

Seriously the racial and religious racism towards others in America was huge. Just look at the massacre of Filipinos in 1898 and the near upheaval many had to face in 1846 when America annexed Catholic and Hispanic populations from Mexico. The racial and religious portion is going to be extremy hard to overcome for America during this time.

USA would say politely "No, thanks.". Morocco was and is still Muslim majority country with very small white population if there even was such.

And I am not sure if Europeans would are very happy with USA being so close of them.

I enjoyed how in the original Europa Universalis you could play the American Revolution campaign and as the Brits you could conquer all the American provinces but once I discovered they were “fleeing” by sending colonists to the western Saharan unsettled territories.