Your automobile 'Retro' releases

If we're bringing back the Fiero and the Sunfire, better bring back the Firebird too... honestly always liked 'em better than the Camaros, but would need a real Pontiac-block engine, not just another Chevy V8....
I would love to see a new Trans Am! Only problem is to pick which generation to base a retro design on.

I would love to see a new Trans Am! Only problem is to pick which generation to base a retro design on.
Having been a kid in the late 1970's, I naturally lean toward this one....
maxresdefault.jpg

marathag

Banned
I can just imagine Rolls' reaction to that one :p

They didn't care much for this little homage back in the 70's...

Sounds like he needed a real lawyer, and take lithium for the duration of the trial.
In the US, wouldn’t have had a problem

Having been a kid in the late 1970's, I naturally lean toward this one....
View attachment 685159
Aah the Rockford files Firebird Esprit. Fine choice.
I’m an 80’s kid myself so I’m into KITT, GTAs, 20th-anniversary turbo Trans Am…etc.
Most people probably would vote for the 77 Smokey and the Bandit version (we need a poll).
If a retro firebird had to be based on a 2nd gen, I would prefer the early bull nose versions. They were pretty cool and not tacky like the final 2nd gens

C33805B5-F8E4-4271-978D-4AC3782F1AF1.jpeg

If we're bringing back the Fiero and the Sunfire, better bring back the Firebird too... honestly always liked 'em better than the Camaros, but would need a real Pontiac-block engine, not just another Chevy V8....
Personally, I'd prefer an update Pontiac 400cid/6.6L high performance for a new Firebird.

I always thought the competition within GM made the individual brands better, who could do more with a given chassis...

Regards,

Personally, I'd prefer an update Pontiac 400cid/6.6L high performance for a new Firebird.

I always thought the competition within GM made the individual brands better, who could do more with a given chassis...

Regards,
Yeah, the GM lineup was just more interesting when each marque made its own V8's, all of which were interesting in their own right...
I hate that Olds and Pontiac bit the dust...

Yeah, the GM lineup was just more interesting when each marque made its own V8's, all of which were interesting in their own right...
I hate that Olds and Pontiac bit the dust...
Completely agree.
I've had three Oldsmobiles, and I liked them all. My father owned a beautiful Cutlass Supreme as well, and he put 190,000+ miles on it before it was wrecked by an out of control Mercury Cougar. I don't think he ever even changed the water pump, just basic maintenance, oil, tires, brakes, etc.
I would love to see someone get control of the Olds or Pontiac brands and bring the outsource model to the auto industry, like Roger Penske was trying to do with Saturn during GMs collapse. Like the new Fiat 124 being built by Mazda, only something like that across a line of several vehicles.

My thoughts,

This strikes me as the perfect pizza-delivery vehicle, and it would be even better with an electric or plug-in hybrid powertrain
and modern safety features. Looking like a snail is a bonus. Presenting the Nissan S-Cargo.

Nissan_S-Cargo_001.JPG

As we've talked about not just retro remodels of existing companies' offerings, but reviving completely defunct marques as well... here's one that deserves (IMO) a second go-round - the Studebaker (Hawk, Avanti, and of course the classic Champion):
58-Studebaker-Golden-Hawk-Hardtop-DV-09_BC-01.jpg
studebaker-1050x688.jpg
1950-studebaker-champion-coupe.jpg

pantera02.jpg
detomaso_gt4pantera23.jpg

As a kid who had a 'Matchbox' version of this but read it as 'De Tomato' on the underside, how about this????

The De Tomasso Pantera?