Your Name in Hero of Saratoga

Yes, this is a shameless copy of Glen's thread and I don't care. The PoD for my timeline was in 1777, and I put a restriction on what OTL figures will exist past the PoD. Basically anyone born after 1800 I try to keep out. Also I like the idea of giving cameos to AH members in a timeline just like Dominion of Southern America.

So I request the use of your family names. Of course I would need to know what the origin of the names are, and if they came to the United States, when did they do so?

I'll use my name as an example:

Hurst: Scotch-English, immigrated to New Zealand in 1890's, and then to the United States in 1950's.

Foulke: Welsh, immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1699.

Salcedo: Basque, immigrated to Ecuador from Spain in the 1540s, and then to the United States in the late 1970s.

Herrera: Spanish, immigrated to Ecuador from Colombia in the 1870s, and then to the United States in the mid 1980s.

Jones: Welsh in origin. Means Son of John.
Harris*: British in origin. Means Son of Harry.
Sinclair*: French in origin. Means of St. Clair.

* Those names are not my last name, but I have taken a fancy to them, so use them if you want.

Rivera: Spanish, Mexican mestizo family from Guanajuato since at least independence, immigrated to United States in 1940's.

Gutierrez: Spanish, Mexican creole family from Jalisco dating maybe as far as the 16th century, relatively wealthy. Immigrated to United States in 1980's.

Reynaga: Basque, Mexican creole family from Jalisco dating maybe as far as the 16th century, immigrated to United States in 1990's.

Castellanos: Spanish, Mexican creole family from Jalisco, remain in Mexico to this day.

Quintana: Spanish, Mexican mestizo family from Tamaulipas dating to the 17th or 18th centuries. Immigrated to Texas in 1910's.

not 100% on origins but
Herricks- im told is Swedish
Meers- German or English
Greer- German
Hutchinson- Scottish or English
Mullican- Irish

anyone thinks they sound like from somewhere else let me know cus id like to find out as well

Corp: My Sir Name: English: Two different families immigrated to the US in the 1840's one settled in Wisconsin and move up into Canada the other (my family) Settled in Ohio then moved to Washington State and finally to California via my Great Grandfather, the to Virginia via my father.

McKinney:Mother's Maiden Name: Scotch Irish: Don't Know as much about my mom's family I can trace it to Halifax County during the Civil War thats about it.

Newcomb:Maternal Grandmother's Maiden Name: English: know that my Great Grandfather came out of North Carolina that's all I know.

Eh, why not?

Daniel: Is used by several different nations and peoples, but this "daniel" is from my Polish great-grandparents, who immigrated here in the early 20th Century, I believe.

I'd use my mother's maiden name too, but I honestly know very little about her side of the family.

All right, why the hell not? Any friend of Benedict Arnold's is a friend of mine.

Edelstein: Polish-Jewish by way of Austria, immigrated to the United States in 1874.

Sanders (changed from Senderowicz because my grandfather's co-workers couldn't pronounce his birth name): Russian Jewish, immigrated early 1900s.

Fischman: Polish-Jewish, immigrated in 1889.

Lipschitz: Polish-Jewish with some Hungarian Jewish ancestry, lived in Leipzig at some point (hence the name), immigrated sometime before 1900, probably the 1890s.

Wow!!! My family does much better in this TL. I'm related to the Pickneys BTW. My last name is Heiens (and it is pronounced like the Ketchup). If you want to use it, my first name is Richard too :)

Green- Scots-Irish who immigrated to Appalachia

Mothers maiden name was Underhill. I'm guessing thats English.

No hobbit jokes :mad:

Last edited:
A certain Molnár family, emigrants from the Habsburg Empire during the early 1850s or so. Immigrated to Pennsylvania. After arriving in North America, they changed their surname to "Miller". One of their descendants in the latter half of the century (already naturalized and English-speaking) was a fellow named Pete Miller.

Lochtefeld: From The Prussian Rhineland German: 1840's to Coldwater, Ohio
Corrigan: Irish: 1880's? to Cleavland from County Mayo
Mirande: French: 1890's to
Olivero: Italian: 1890's

I like this idea

Last edited:
I'm Canadian, but I am sure most of my ancestors could have easily went south instead of north.

Myhre - Norwegian, from Oppland, immigrated in 1920s

Mirtle - Scottish, from Inverness, immigrated in the 1930s

MacGregor - Scottish, immigrated to P.E.I in the 1820s ( Was a priest brought in so the people of western PEI could have a priest who spoke Gaelic!)