Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

I tried looking high and lows but couldn't find it, so is there a mid-1600's Q-BAM ? something around 1675 or 1625 is fine too but I'd prefer something around 1650

I tried looking high and lows but couldn't find it, so is there a mid-1600's Q-BAM ? something around 1675 or 1625 is fine too but I'd prefer something around 1650
I knew that there were a few 1648 maps. While looking around, I found one on this page: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/q-bam-historical-map-thread.404984/page-44

I also found out - thanks to this search - that Crazy Boris got banned. How did this happen? He was making a lot of maps! I was looking forward to new historical maps! How can someone who makes maps get banned?

I also found out - thanks to this search - that Crazy Boris got banned. How did this happen? He was making a lot of maps! I was looking forward to new historical maps! How can someone who makes maps get banned?
If making maps prevented you from getting banned, everyone would make maps.

I knew that there were a few 1648 maps. While looking around, I found one on this page: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/q-bam-historical-map-thread.404984/page-44
Excellent, thanks !
Kinda strange I didn't find it when looking around but eh.
Kinda sad IMO, hopefully that won't hinder his work on Deviantart.

That does remind me, has anyone ever made a full compilation of all Historical QBams (and other reference points like the physical, administrative, etc...) in a single .xcf or just a .zip ?

Yeah, this bummed me out too, when I saw it. Boris was one of my favourites here....

BUT, he still seems to be quite active on DA.... https://www.deviantart.com/crazy-boris

Would anybody be interested in mapping the subdivisions of the Third Partition of Poland?

Galicja_i_Nowa_Galicja_-_cyrku%C5%82y_1805.png

1280px-Prussia_1806_map_-_DE.svg.png

Atlas_of_Russian_Empire_%281800%29._Lithuanian_governorate.jpg

Hello! I’m a map maker mostly active on r/imaginarymaps under (roughly) the same username. I’m wanting to make an aesthetically pleasing alternate future map in the Q-BAM format. Sorry if this is a hefty request but I’m looking for a (if possible) de-facto modern-day map with at least level one subdivisions, a dark ocean color, and latitude and longitude lines. Again sorry for any inconvenience and I hope to share the finished product if someone could help me out!

Hello! I’m a map maker mostly active on r/imaginarymaps under (roughly) the same username. I’m wanting to make an aesthetically pleasing alternate future map in the Q-BAM format. Sorry if this is a hefty request but I’m looking for a (if possible) de-facto modern-day map with at least level one subdivisions, a dark ocean color, and latitude and longitude lines. Again sorry for any inconvenience and I hope to share the finished product if someone could help me out!
Here's one from @YeastCartography - idk if hes active on this site, but he makes extremely detailed maps. The map is too big to be put in here so here's the link:

Last edited:
Here's one from @YeastCartography - idk if hes active on this site, but he makes extremely detailed maps. The map is too big to be put in here so here's the link:
YeastCartography is also my favorite map maker after Totentanz0 (who got me into alternate history and cartography in the first place), but Yeast does not posts in here, IIRC he does has an account in here, but he is almost never active, so I do not think that this would count as "being active" on this forum.

He is more active on his DeviantArt, where he updates his fantastic Q-BAM modern-day map monthly.

YeastCartography is also my favorite map maker after Totentanz0 (who got me into alternate history and cartography in the first place), but Yeast does not posts in here, IIRC he does has an account in here, but he is almost never active, so I do not think that this would count as "being active" on this forum.

He is more active on his DeviantArt, where he updates his fantastic Q-BAM modern-day map monthly.
The black stripes (insurgency probably) on Turkey is wrong and should be removed. There is no active, known insurgency on Turkey right now.