Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Territories that Austria-Hungary annexed from Romania in Treaty of Bucharest (1918):

1000250410.png

1000250411.png

dgqpyke-7b07ba09-913b-43b2-8e69-b2b37bc5b5cc.png

September 1, 1939
Trying out some new border colors, and trying to represent still-official nations like the Dominions of GB and vassal/client/autonomous states that still have political relevance

Last edited:
dgqpyke-011b3281-116d-4baf-89e9-0917ca4352b4.png

September 1, 1939
Trying out some new border colors, and trying to represent still-official nations like the Dominions of GB and vassal/client/autonomous states that still have political relevance

Amazing. Somehow the same base map with the combined Northumberland Durham county is still being used after years of complaints. I simply don't understand why this is still an issue after YEARS.

Amazing. Somehow the same base map with the combined Northumberland Durham county is still being used after years of complaints. I simply don't understand why this is still an issue after YEARS.
i've legit spent maybe half a year back in 2020 going insane trying to find explanations for why Northumberland and Durham were united for such long periods of time but were separate bot today and in the middle ages before i was informed that it's just a poor basemap

i've legit spent maybe half a year back in 2020 going insane trying to find explanations for why Northumberland and Durham were united for such long periods of time but were separate bot today and in the middle ages before i was informed that it's just a poor basemap
Right - when you go and search for previous copies of British subdivisions, 2/3rds or more of them have that mistake replicated. Unless you actually remember to go and fix it or you get lucky finding a patched basemap, then your the will probably just be replicated over to the new map.

September 1, 1939
I would like to suggest one small correction about the Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast and the Red Kurdistan region according to this map:

It looks like it always does what's the big deal? Do you hate red as a color or something?
Some people have different sets of eyes than you do with varying qualities and weaknesses. Most people might not be bothered by the brightness of the red (I'm not) but a few will be. Heck, there are things which most people can see which I can't. It's why I wear glasses.

Some people have different sets of eyes than you do with varying qualities and weaknesses. Most people might not be bothered by the brightness of the red (I'm not) but a few will be. Heck, there are things which most people can see which I can't. It's why I wear glasses.
I'm genuinely asking for his reasons because I want to know, I wasn't criticizing his opinion.

It looks like it always does what's the big deal? Do you hate red as a color or something?
no, i don't hate the colour red, it's moreso that bright neon colours are painful to look at and the USSR being as large as it is doesn't exactly help
I'm genuinely asking for his reasons because I want to know, I wasn't criticizing his opinion.
also, *they. but given the exceptionally pronounced gender ratio when it comes to the AH community, i can understand why you defaulted to assuming i was a guy

no, i don't hate the colour red, it's moreso that bright neon colours are painful to look at and the USSR being as large as it is doesn't exactly help

also, *they. but given the exceptionally pronounced gender ratio when it comes to the AH community, i can understand why you defaulted to assuming i was a guy
I wasn't aware of your chosen pronouns fyi, son nothing meant by that you understood what my brain did because this is the Internet (ancient joke is ancient) but subjectivity must really matter here because I wouldn't characterize the Soviet red color as 'neon' in intensity. Though I have never looked at any of my own or others maps on a particularly large display (like any larger than a laptop display would be) so maybe that's a factor too (also now I'm primarily stuck looking at maps via my phone screen which exacerbates that possibility >_<)

I wasn't aware of your chosen pronouns fyi, son nothing meant by that you understood what my brain did because this is the Internet (ancient joke is ancient) but subjectivity must really matter here because I wouldn't characterize the Soviet red color as 'neon' in intensity. Though I have never looked at any of my own or others maps on a particularly large display (like any larger than a laptop display would be) so maybe that's a factor too (also now I'm primarily stuck looking at maps via my phone screen which exacerbates that possibility >_<)
screen size may play a part in it, i will agree. i only ever use this site on desktop so even in preview there's a lot of eyestrain looking at how bright the USSR is. i think part of the issue is also the fact the colours of the countries (and water) surrounding it aren't quite as bright, thus making it worse