Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Italy provincial boundaries.png

Here's a map of Italian provincial boundaries made by R-R-Eco on deviantart

dgqpyke-7b07ba09-913b-43b2-8e69-b2b37bc5b5cc.png

September 1, 1939
Trying out some new border colors, and trying to represent still-official nations like the Dominions of GB and vassal/client/autonomous states that still have political relevance
Brasília was not officially founded until 21 April 1960, before that, the federal capital of Brazil was still located in Rio de Janeiro.

I know. However, the brazilian govt. set aside territory for the district which was separated from the surrounding region.
When did this territorial allocation for Brasília begin? asking because I want to put that territory in pre-1960s maps too assuming that it is correct, I heard that proposals to build an in-land capital named Brasília date from as early as like the 1820s or so, shortly after Brazil gained independence.

When did this territorial allocation for Brasília begin? asking because I want to put that territory in pre-1960s maps too assuming that it is correct, I heard that proposals to build an in-land capital named Brasília date from as early as like the 1820s or so, shortly after Brazil gained independence.
January 18, 1922, when President Epitácio Pessoa of Brazil issued Decree 4494. This was the first truly official attempt to build the capital there

View attachment 883091
a discord rp server, the map is from 1740 but that starting map was 1700 and i have that overlayed, spain is grey bc they are in a bourbon union with france and the blue and yellow turned into grey, not the biggest fan of the 1700 map that someone made bc it isnt entirely accurate and no subdivisions but its still good
but its not bad
I like how everything in Asia is freehand except Nepal and the Kumul Khanate

now those are some good-looking colours, definitely fit the dark water you have going on there.
Cheers! I make most, but not all of these colors myself because the default colors in maps featured in here hurts my eyes, except for the colors of the USSR, I did not make it, nor do I remember who made it, so all credits due, I think that Ulyanovsk made it on the WorldA thread, but I cannot be 100% certain.
what's the story behind the map, though? is it an IRL one or an AH one?
It is an IRL one, however, I wanted to say that 1. I do not like publicly sharing my maps for the time being, and 2. I no longer use WorldA and Q-BAM, this is an old map, however, you can view a map series with my same WorldA color scheme in here on The Death of Russia Timeline, Sorairo even approved the map I made as an official map of the TL on its threadmarks, which gave me a sense of accomplishment that I will carry for the rest of my life lol.

Cheers! I make most, but not all of these colors myself because the default colors in maps featured in here hurts my eyes, except for the colors of the USSR, I did not make it, nor do I remember who made it, so all credits due, I think that Ulyanovsk made it on the WorldA thread, but I cannot be 100% certain.

It is an IRL one, however, I wanted to say that 1. I do not like publicly sharing my maps for the time being, and 2. I no longer use WorldA and Q-BAM, this is an old map, however, you can view a map series with my same WorldA color scheme in here on The Death of Russia Timeline, Sorairo even approved the map I made as an official map of the TL on its threadmarks, which gave me a sense of accomplishment that I will carry for the rest of my life lol.
thank you for the answer, and the examples provided of what colours you used. though i will openly admit to never having read death of russia, but i have heard of it.

I mean, it was only really the Savoyards that actually turned up to the Imperial diets. Imperial control over Italy was highly theoretical at this point

Savoy didn't actually attend the Diet much at all in the era either to be honest. But that region of Italy (Piedmont, Liguria, Lombardy) is filled with small 'imperial fiefs' which held their lands in fief to the Emperor directly, much like the imperial villages or knights of Germany. Savoy spent decades lobbying the Imperial Court for permission to annex those lands.
The local princes also paid fealty to the Emperor, for instance a significant escalation of the Mantuan Succession War was caused by Charles I Gonzaga assuming the Ducal titles before being invested officially by the Emperor. Mantua itself was later placed under a Ban around the Spanish Succession, which was how the Habsburgs gained its lands.
A further example would be the Oñate Treaty, by which the Emperor granted sovereignty over Finale Ligure and Piombino to Spain.
There's also the office of Commissioner General, who was the deputy of the Emperor within HRE Italy. The office was first created in the early 17th century, and lasted until 1639 when it was replaced by ad hoc commissioners only to be renewed in 1715. The Commissioner generally oversaw things like imperial rights, legal matters relating to Italy, and financial contributions to the Emperor.

Savoy didn't actually attend the Diet much at all in the era either to be honest. But that region of Italy (Piedmont, Liguria, Lombardy) is filled with small 'imperial fiefs' which held their lands in fief to the Emperor directly, much like the imperial villages or knights of Germany. Savoy spent decades lobbying the Imperial Court for permission to annex those lands.
The local princes also paid fealty to the Emperor, for instance a significant escalation of the Mantuan Succession War was caused by Charles I Gonzaga assuming the Ducal titles before being invested officially by the Emperor. Mantua itself was later placed under a Ban around the Spanish Succession, which was how the Habsburgs gained its lands.
A further example would be the Oñate Treaty, by which the Emperor granted sovereignty over Finale Ligure and Piombino to Spain.
There's also the office of Commissioner General, who was the deputy of the Emperor within HRE Italy. The office was first created in the early 17th century, and lasted until 1639 when it was replaced by ad hoc commissioners only to be renewed in 1715. The Commissioner generally oversaw things like imperial rights, legal matters relating to Italy, and financial contributions to the Emperor.
I think HRE iinfluence in northern italy at that point can be compared to contemporary european union or european council

dgs0kf6-d08c162c-8108-4057-a8af-5ca1015a1a1b.png

August 30, 526 at the death of Theodoric the Great.
Boris wanted @Coluber to know
This is great. I love it. That being said, I always assumed that the territory of the Thuringii would be larger. Reality tends to kick you in the teeth. Oh well...
Kaleb's Aksumite Empire was also nice to see.

Last edited:
dgqpyke-7b07ba09-913b-43b2-8e69-b2b37bc5b5cc.png

September 1, 1939
Trying out some new border colors, and trying to represent still-official nations like the Dominions of GB and vassal/client/autonomous states that still have political relevance
Really like the map but isn't Estonia missing some territories around Narva? Something like this:
Estonia.png